Monday, February 3, 2020

Odds n Ends Stitching

It's always hard to head back to work after a nice weekend.  It was a good weekend for stitching time, especially since I had Friday off work.  So what's going on in the sewing room?  Twinkle Stars is on it's way to Trudy for quilting.  Hoping that project will be my first finish before the end of February. 

In keeping the focus on my word for 2020, Finish, I've already moved on to the next easiest finish, the Winter Quilt Along project.  The back is pieced. The next step is to prep the top and back for quilting. 

Up on the big design wall is Mosaic Mystery.  


Mosaic Mystery Quilt
from Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs

This has been my leader and ender project for the last couple of weeks.  The top two and bottom two rows have been paired up and stitched. Progress has been slow, but steady. I'm hoping to have this project to finished flimsy stage by the end of the month.  

Up on the smaller design wall is Frolic. 


Frolic, 2019 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt

I'm really happy with how my fabrics worked out. I'm not making the full sized quilt, I'm going with just 18 full sized blocks That should make a good throw sized quilt.  

So really good progress on several projects last month.  Hopefully I can keep that up in February.  Linking up with Monday Making and Design Wall Monday.

16 comments:

Alison V. said...

Both of your projects look great! I think your Mosaic quilt is one of the prettiest I've seen. I'm hoping to get a few more full Frolic blocks done this week.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh WOW!!! I love how your colors are working together in your frolic!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the mosaic quilt! I'm on the fence of doing Bonnie's mystery so many other quilts taking my time - I saved the pattern and will decide another time

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It does sound like you had a great stitching weekend; the projects look great and I hope you continue your fun momentum forward (as I'd love to see how these all finish up). :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the purple and gold in your Mosaic quilt - they are beautiful together! You're doing a great job moving both projects along!

Barbara said...

Both quilts are looking great. I love the fabrics you've used in the Mosaic Mystery. The printed points of the stars are interesting and give it a unique look.

Churn Dash said...

Looks like you are moving right along on two beautiful quilts.

Helen

Denise :) said...

Wow! I really love the complementary colors in your Mosaic Mystery. The gold and purple is stunning! Your Frolic is coming along nicely! Yay! :)

maggie fellow said...

I do like your colors for frolic - nice work

Linda in Calif. said...

I'm really loving your Mosaic Mystery, the colors you chose lend themselves so well to this quilt. That's part of the fun of a mystery isn't it? And your Frolic is looking great too. You are moving right along with it.

Barbara said...

Very nice colors in your frolic

dq said...

I think Frolic is looking spectacular! Perhaps I will participate next year if I were to make a smaller quilt. I am more into smaller ones these days - I used to only make queen sizes.

Your leader/ender project looks great. I can't believe how much you have done!

chrisknits said...

Mosaic is lovely!! It will be a great quilt when done. My Frolic is just waiting for a quilting decision, do I tackle it or send it out? Beware those edges, mine waffles even though I tried so hard to avoid it.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Mosaic is a beauty, but you have really done an excellent job in Frolic by BH. I did not like BH choice of fabrics, but you blew the socks off this pattern! I really love the colors you selected and it is so beautiful! Hugs

Preeti said...

Mosaic Mystery (MM) is coming along nicely.
I am almost tempted to call it MMM :-p

Jennifer said...

Great colors in both quilts - you are doing so well with your finish goal so far!