Tuesday, February 18, 2020

To Do Tuesday #7 of 2020

It was a really good week on the "To Do List" front.  Last week's list shows three check marks.  

Weekly To Do List (02/11/2020)
1. Winter Quilt Along: Package and ship out for quilting
2. Frolic:  Make six half blocks - progress
3. Wild and Goosey:  Make an orange block 
4. Mosaic Mystery:  Finish sewing blocks and rows together 

The quarter blocks for Frolic weren't on the to do list for this week, but it just seemed smart to roll those in with the half block construction as they use left over bits from the blocks.  So progress was good, those blocks are slow going from an assembly stand point.  

I'm on the road this week, so it seems wise to go with an abbreviated "To Do List."  

Weekly To Do List (02/18/2020)
1.  Work in a few stitches on the Medallion Butterfly project.



This is where I left off last time.  If there's any down time this trip, I'll start stitching on the grape leaves in the corner.  

2.  Decide on border treatment for the Mosaic Mystery Quilt.  Usually borders are designed by creating a mock up in EQ and then playing around with the different options.  I'm hoping to use the Butterfly print as the border.




I'm not sure there is enough of it left of this pretty after the piecing was finished. The other option is to use the purple with the gold paisley pattern.



But I'm afraid the purple will be too dark.  So I'll load the fabrics into EQ and see what I can work out. 

3.  Frolic:  Finish the setting triangles (5 half blocks).  That should be doable over the weekend.  

Hopefully I'll be able to check off at least one thing from the list this week.  Linking up with Home Sewn By Us for the To Do List Tuesday.    

13 comments:

maggie fellow said...

looks like a productive week

Barbara said...

That butterfly print is beautiful. I like both fabrics.

Alison V. said...

I would lean towards using the butterfly print as the border and then maybe using the purple as the binding.

chrisknits said...

I think I would do a thin border of the purple and finish with the butterflies, but whatever you choose will be lovely.

piecefulwendy said...

I like the idea of the thin purple border and finishing with the butterflies, too, but also agree that you will pick something just right. Sometimes just one finish is good enough!

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

You smashed last weeks list, well done. I love flutterbys, and I have to agree, the other is on the dark side. Can you combine the print with a matching solid to bring out the butterfly colours?

Sandra Walker said...

Travelling can mess up the sewing list can’t it? I know! Glad you have some portable stuff to help calm you after business days!

Emily said...

Ooooh, that purple with the metallic is so pretty!

digitizing service said...

I am really impressed by your work, we also work in the embroidery design. The Stitchmax Provide best embroidery digitizing service, it is a great way to start creating and editing professional embroidery designs on a VERY low budget.

Preeti said...

Absolutely doable, I say. And when the fabric is so beautiful there isn't a dull moment. Ahem, if there are any scraps leftover, I'd be happy to take them off your hands :-p

Marti said...

Beautiful fabrics, but I can't see either one with the delicate pattern of the mosaic. I'm terrible choosing borders though, so what do I know. When you load it into EQ, will it give you an accurate picture of what the fabrics will look like as borders?

best embroidery digitizing said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing article, it is a very informative post good work keep it up.

online embroidery digitizing said...

Despite how hard it apparently seems, learning how to use an embroidery machine is a relatively easy task that has been made even easier by the fact that machines nowadays are being designed to be as user-friendly as possible.embroidery digitizing