Tuesday, February 4, 2020

To Do Tuesday #5 for 2020 and the February OMG

I'm not a fan of cold weather, so I'm ready for spring. But I'm not ready for it to be February already.  Didn't we just celebrate New Years?  Since it is February and a new week, it's time to put some thought into this month's One Monthly Goal,



and come up with week #5's To Do List.  Before lining out a new list I should look at what got checked off last week's list.   

Weekly To Do List (01/28/2020)
1. Twinkle Stars: Finish clean up, press, package and mail
2. Frolic: Make 9 blocks from bits and pieces - progress
3. Wild and Goosey Blocks: make green and orange blocks 
4. Winter Quilt Along:  Piece backing 

So it was a pretty good week, I checked off three of the 4 items and made really good progress on the last item.  I was glad to get Twinkle Stars out the door, I'm sure everyone was tired of seeing it on the list each week.  

So what's the plan for this week? 

Weekly To Do List (02/04/2020)
1. Winter Quilt Along:  Clean up the backing fabric.  




I have a two tone backing. The white print was used on Twinkle stars, the light blue on Vintage Dresses.  The backing should go pretty fast and since we have plans to meet up with the Scientist in Training on Saturday, that's as much as I'm probably going to get done on this project this week. 

2.  Frolic:  Finish assembly of the last two half blocks I have sub-parts made for.



To make more blocks, I need to make more sub-units.  The planned layout requires six more half blocks and 11 whole blocks.  I'm going to work on finishing off the half blocks this week.   

3.  Make at least one orange, Wild and Goosey block. 

That's a pretty doable To Do List for next week.  The February One Monthly Goal is to get Winter Quilt Along prepped and shipped out for quilting.  That should be doable even though February is a short month.  

Linking up with the One Monthly Goal and the Tuesday To Do List.  

8 comments:

dq said...

It seems you have great, achievable goals for the week.

I like your two toned backing, and your mystery quilt is looking so fun.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good morning, Kate! I never get tired of seeing Twinkle Stars or it being on the list. I am thrilled it is being quilted now. Your pieces for WQA look nice together. That's another quilt that I'm looking forward to seeing complete. Good luck with this week's list and of course your OMG. Thanks so much for linking up today! ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that pretty green in your Frolic blocks! It catches my attention every time you show them! I'll enjoy seeing your progress this week, Kate.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Nice work on your goals for the week list--
and a nice goal for your OMG goal for Feb--
so just keep those needles warmed up and keep stitching!!!
luv, di

piecefulwendy said...

You did have a good week, with all those little checkmarks :-) Just watching Bonnie's QALs leaves me a bit breathless, so I'm always impressed with those of you who can quilt along at her pace. You have some good items on your list for this week too, and I'll bet you get them done!

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

You did well with last weeks list, I’m always amazed at how much you do whilst working full time. I am making an improv panel for a quilt back which has taken me three afternoons and it’s still not finished. Did I say improv???? Good luck with this weeks list.

Marti said...

You achieved nearly all your goals last week. Congratulations! Good luck with your goals this week. I'm not ready for summer, but I would like February to warm up a little.

Patty said...

Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your projects.