Monday, February 10, 2020

A Bit of This and That from the Sewing Room

A day of sunshine, a day of rain made up the weekend. It was nice to have the sunshine on Saturday while we were hanging out with the Scientist in Training.  Since there were no plans for Sunday, a rainy day was just perfect for hanging out in the sewing room.  

I came home from Tulsa with a nasty headache on Saturday, so I didn't get much done in the sewing room.  That left Sunday to make some progress on the to do list and get the Winter Quilt Along backing and top prepped for quilting. 



The back is all pressed, dethreaded and ready for packing up.  I didn't quite get that far with the top. 


Quiltygirl Winter Quilt Along
Alycia Quilts

The first 6 rows have been pressed and dethreaded, so 6 rows left.  Cleaning up the back of this one is going so much faster than Twinkle Stars did.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish off the prep work tonight and get it packaged for quilting and to the post office before the end of the week. 
 
That's it for forward progress on the stitching front last week.  Twinkle Stars is on it's way back from being quilted, so I'm hoping there is time to get it bound before the month ends.  I'll be off on another business trip next Monday, but that will leave me the about a week to get the binding done before the end of the month.  Linking up with Monday Making and Design Wall Monday.  

10 comments:

maggie fellow said...

I bet it is like Christmas when a quilt comes home from quilting.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you have the quilt about ready to be quilted. Do you like business trips or wish you didn't have them?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Any progress is better than no progress, Kate! Sorry that headache derailed your plans.

loulee said...

Time with family is important too. They love your creations because they love you. And that love only grows in the time spent together.
I'm excited to see Twinkle Stars all finished.

piecefulwendy said...

Glad you had some nice days while spending time with SiT. We are heading to visit our scientist next month, and I cannot wait. Plus, it will be sunshiny there, so we'll get a break from the snow. Oh, I can't wait to see Twinkle Stars - I bet you can't either!

Denise :) said...

The back of your flimsy looks so neat and pretty! I'm very impressed! Hope your head is feeling better. I hate headaches. May your week ahead be a happy one! :)

Bonnie said...

Will you be sharing Twinkle Stars before it is bound? I love that quilt. You do know you work full time and have a family to keep up with, right? You get so much done it puts the rest of us to shame... especially those of us retired! I look forward to seeing these other quilts when they come back from quilting. Do you ever go fabric shopping while on business trips?

DawnyK said...

Love seeing all your progress! Thanks so much for sharing.

Sandra Walker said...

Too bad about the wicked headache; I had a migraine a couple of weeks ago, not good. Prepping is looking but wait WHAT? Twinkle Stars is on its way back, and just needs binding? I cannot wait to see!

Judy Hansen said...

Your quilt top back looks so neat. Your long arm quilter will appreciate you making sure it is de-threaded and ready to quilt. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Monday, Judy