Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stash Report - January 16th

It's the third Sunday of 2011 already.  How are your projects going?  I'm almost finished with a WIP from last year, just need to get the label sewn on.  No progress on UFOs yet.  Guess I better get busy, only 2 more weekends left in January to make some thing happen on that front. 

I've been sewing this week.  I'm trying to get up to my sewing room for at least 15 minutes every night.  That did happen this week, however, it won't show up on the stash report this week.  I'm working on a pieced border, but I won't count the yardage until I have the border sewn together. Plus I was hand sewing binding to a quilt.  That fabric usage was counted last week.  I did use some fabric for the label and finished a another leaders and enders block for the purple and yellow scrap quilt, so just a bit out this week.  Here is this week's report: 

Used this week: 0.11 yards
Added this week: 0 yards

Used year to date: 1.17 yards
Added year to date: 0 yards

Net used for 2011: 1.17 yards

Fabric Budget:  10 yards for Jan to March
Bought/Budget:  0/10 yards

Just a little out, but the good thing is nothing in.  I haven't used any of my fabric budget yet.  But I got the new Hancock's catalog this week and it has so much pretty fabric in it, plus 10% off if you order before February 5th.  Not sure I can resist that temptation for long.  Maybe I need to hide the catalog?

Jump over to Judy's Patchwork Times to see if  busting or enhancement is the theme for this week. 

8 comments:

Jo said...

You are brave to only plan to purchase 10 yards in the first quarter. I could never do that!

Donna said...

I think having a purchase budget is a good idea. I never would have thought of it. Might be something I will do in the future.

Tamera said...

I LOVE the purple and yellow quilt! I have long wanted to make a blue and yellow quilt, but maybe I'll think about yellow and purple!

Amy said...

I'm with you. The Hancock's catalog has sooo much temptation. Then to offer a discount on top of it. Just doesn't seem fair. LOL

Lori said...

laughed at your bed. and DD giving you "stink eye" for picking up her homework. She must be feeling better! A little bit done each day really adds up.

Katie Z. said...

Hurrah for using (even if it's "just a bit")!

Shay said...

Any sewing is a good use of your time Kate, and uses up that fabric bit by bit.

Well done on your continued stash busting. I'm finding with a fabric budget that I'm much more picky about what I buy and have to have a specific use in mind for the fabric before I do !

Jerzydeb said...

Great job - little by little - and I like the idea of a fabric budget. I really LOVE the bed, always wanted one just like that !