Sunday, February 25, 2024

2024 Stay at Home Round Robin: Week 5

Week 5 of the SAHRR ends today.  Up to this week, I'd done such a good job of keeping up. Unfortunately, some health issues really limited my sewing room time this week.  It didn't help that my first idea for the border turned out to be a bit unreasonable to piece in a timely manner, so I ended up coming up with plan 2. I did make some progress, just not nearly as much as I would have liked. 



Quilting Gail set this week's prompt as "4".  I followed her lead and decided to add Friendship Star blocks, which have "4" points each.  I need to make another 20 stars to finish off my planned border.  The last border prompt will be posted Monday morning by Kathleen McMusing.  I have till March 18th to finish off the last 2 borders. That's doable.  I'm not so far behind.  

12 comments:

Linda said...

I see a finish coming, and it is going to be so cute!

Nann said...

Your cat gets better each week!

Sara said...

I like how it's coming together. Your daughter will love it. Hope you are feeling better this week.

Bonnie said...

I like what you have done and are doing with your Halloween top. I read somewhere that letters are the next prompt -- it will be fun to see what you can do with them. Maybe scary words?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you got to sew a little bit - your black and orange stars look great! Are you going to do the opposite corner borders like you did for border 5? I really like that look!

Crew at Cabin Central said...

Hi Kate, love your SAHR!! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I thought I had a pinched nerve last summer and found that I had a partial tear in both the gluteus minimus and gluteus medius. I would highly recommend getting an MRI of your hips. That is how we found my issue. Hope you feel better soon! Deb

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

You aren't far behind at all! The start on this round looks really good.

Barbara said...

It’s purrfect. Love it. Great job.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, I love it! These stars are a good idea for the "4" prompt ;) You don't seem to be behind, still lot of time to complete this row!
Thank you for sharing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like where you are going with it!!!

time4stitchn said...

Love your round robin. You have really added some nice designs in your borders which have added so much to it in each round! And it will be great for Halloween.

Jennifer said...

This quilt is looking so great!