Tuesday, February 20, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 02/20/2024

It's not been the best week.  The pinched nerve in my leg is slowly improving, but I'm still pretty slow and sore. Add to that My Guy has a stomach virus.  The only good thing out of that is I've been sleeping on the couch due to my leg and apparently missed out on the virus. Thankfully my stitching time hasn't been impacted too badly and I did pretty well with last week's long to do list.  


To Do List for 02/12/2024

1. 2024 SAHRR: Finish border #4  ✔

2. Betty: Start assembling quilt ✔

3. Guild BOM: Make January and February blocks - progress

4. Malted Mystery: Finish the February clue - progress

5. Wild and Goosey: Continue making red blocks ✔

6. Indigo Way: Continue assembling blocks as leaders/enders ✔


Four check marks with progress on the remaining to do items is a really good week. Hopefully I can do as well this week.  


To Do List for 02/20/2024

1. 2024 SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Finish border #5

Grad girl picked a very challenging block for this week. It looks really cool, but I may not finish this week. We'll just have to see how that goes.

2. Betty (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish assembling quilt. 




It took a bit to decide which blocks went where.  Two rows are sashed and sewn to another row of sashing.  I needed the design wall for the 2024 SAHRR, so I took Betty down and just didn't get it back up to take updated photos. 

3. Guild BOM: Make February Block




I finished January block.  All the pieces are cut out for the February block. It shouldn't take too long to get the block put together.  

4. Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish the February clue. 

I put the last border strip together without the sashing pieces and didn't realize it till I tried to add it to the rest of the quilt. I spent the last of my sewing room time last night doing the unsewing and pinning on the sashing pieces. That should all go together this week.  

5. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making red blocks




I've done well on the W&G blocks this month. I should have at least 10 completed by the end of the month.  

6. Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making blocks as leaders and enders. 

I finished all the corner blocks, now I'm working on finishing off the setting triangle blocks.  

That's my list for this week.  Hopefully the leg will continue to improve and I can continue to stitch.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmidt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday.  

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neither pinched nerves or viruses are much fun - hope you are both fine soon

Deb said...

Hope you are both feeling better soon. Very hard when the whole household is down. We had the stomach virus too. I'd thought I had missed it but I did not. This too shall pass! Stay safe and sew on !

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope your leg feels better every day. I look forward to seeing how the SAHRR grows; I'm intrigued by your description of the block Grad Girl chose!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So sorry you are both having stuff to deal with like that - no fun! But glad you didn't get the stomach virus. Your Betty quilt blocks are such pretty colors! Looking forward to seeing how that one goes together. Hope you each feel better as the week goes on!

Sara said...

Love, love, love those blue blocks! They are so pretty. Glad you've avoided that stomach bug. My husband had influenza a couple weeks ago and he moved to the sofa and then the guest room so dodged that bug. But then again I got a flu shot this fall and he didn't. Karma?

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy happy Tuesday, dear Kate. I am so sorry that you have been suffering from a pinched nerve- that can be so painful and uncomfortable. I wish you and your hubby a very speedy recovery. I just love "Betty " so much. The blues are so gorgeous. Enjoy your week. Hugs.

Barbara said...

I only just noticed your Meadow Mist Designs quilt looks like the same quilt block I used in my Jericho’s Wall quilt. Kind of a fun block.

Chrisknits said...

Everything is perfect! Love those goose blocks. That's always been a one day quilt in my mind, maybe this day?

Linda said...

Sorry your guy got a stomach virus but glad you didn't! All your different project blocks are so pretty.

dq said...

Sending you hugs and luck with that leg so you really can meet the rest of your Feb goals. Take care and listen to your body.