Tuesday, February 27, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 02/27/2024

Last week's To Do List post was so optimistic. Things worked out that way in the end, but it went way south before things got on the right path. I wasn't able to walk up the stairs to my sewing room for a couple of days, so that definitely impacted how much got done on last week's check list. 

To Do List for 02/20/2024

1. 2024 SAHRR: Finish border #5 - progress
2. Betty: Finish assembling quilt - progress
3. Guild BOM: Make February block ✔
4. Malted Mystery: Finish February clue - progress
5. Wild and Goosey: Continue making red blocks 
6. Indigo Way: Continue making blocks as leaders and enders 

It was still a pretty good week. Three check marks and progress on all the other to do items is really good considering how bad I felt for most of the week.  

Still no clue on what is causing my leg issues. Physical therapy started yesterday. I'm pretty sore from that, but thankfully the medication has helped with the rest of pain.  I was able to walk without a limp yesterday for the first time in several weeks. Fingers crossed I can get back on track with my projects this week. 

To Do List for 02/27/2024

1. 2024 SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Finish borders 5 and 6

This is going to be challenging, but this week's list is one item shorter than last week's.  If I make this my priority for the week, it should get done or at least very close to done.  

2. Betty (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish quilt assembly




Progress was made on getting some of the rows sashed.  It shouldn't take to long to finish the sashing add the narrow gray border and then add a final blue border.  Fingers crossed on that anyway.  The final quilt parade is on March 5th.  Hopefully I can make it that far by then.  

3. Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish the February Clue



All the pieced borders are added. All that's left for February is a white strip border and one of the dark blue.  The March clue doesn't come out for over a week, so hopefully I can get that finished before then.  I'm really happy with how this mystery is coming together.  

4.  Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making red blocks and start blocks using the March RSC color

I've done really well with the red blocks this month.  I've made over 10.  Hopefully I can end the month with about 12.  I need to check my block counts to see how many I need, but I may be about half way there on the red ones.  

5. Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter):  Continue making blocks as leaders and enders. 

I've finished off a couple of B blocks this week.  There aren't enough component parts made to finish all the blocks needed for my layout.  Once I use what's in the drawer it will be time to figure out what else needs to be cut and pieced.  

If I can do as well as last week on making progress, even if things aren't checked off, I'll be happy with this week.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday.  




9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love seeing your progress on Malted Mystery! It's such a pretty design. I hope the PT continues to help. I always worry when people say the PT made them sore, but maybe that's because it's working muscles that you haven't used in awhile?

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm sorry you don't know the cause of your leg pain. I hope the physical therapy helps and that it continues to get better.

Sara said...

I hope PT solves your leg problems, so life can return to normal for you.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Hopefully they find something soon and you get some relief. Your projects are coming along beautifully. I esp like the Malted Mystery--the teals on the white!

Julie in GA said...

You've made excellent progress despite the physical challenges. I love how your Malted Mystery quilt is looking, and Betty is going to be beautiful too!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better, Kate. Hopefully the PT will get you back into the swing of things fully. I will keep you in my prayers . You are going to town on Betty and Malted Mystery looks amazing. I wish you a very productive week. Hugs.

Janice said...

I'm loving your Betty. FYI, Cheryl has now made it that you email her with your completed quilt top by 1st March. She has provided an email address on her blog.
I hope you can meet that date.

Barbara said...

So much eye-popping color in this post! I love your embroidered butterflies. They look fairly complex.

Carol Andrews said...

I’m sorry to hear you’d had a rough time with the stairs Kate, but glad to hear you are a bit better. I love seeing the progress you make on so many of your projects each week. The colours and fabrics make me smile and think of warmer weather. Thank you for linking with TDT. Can’t wait to see how much you got done on this week’s list. 😁 Carol https://quiltschmilt.ca/