Sunday, February 11, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 6 of 2024


 

The second week of February has been a mixed bag weather wise.  It was warm enough for some hiking and photography before getting cool enough that hiding in the sewing room was really the only option.  Even with the days spent out on the hiking trail, my stitching time for the week didn't suffer.  


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Feb = 10/10 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 41/41 days
  • Success rate = 100%

I've managed to hold onto a 100% success rate for 6 weeks. So it's going well on the finding time to stitch front this year, at least for now.  I'm sure there will come a day soon that getting in any stitching time just won't work out, but till that day occurs, I'm going to enjoy all the stitching time. 

One thing about the flaky weather, sunny one day, overcast the next, is that we've had some pretty incredible sunrises and sunsets the last couple of weeks. We were on our way to grab some dinner last night and this was the view as we headed into downtown. 



 
All the warm colors of the rainbow splashed across the sky. It didn't last long and it was mostly overcast today, so no pretty sunset this evening. 

Has your 2024 gotten off to a good start? How are you doing at getting in your stitching time lately?  



1. maggie f
2. Gretchen
3. Julie in GA
4. Karen
5. DonnaleeQ
6. Frédérique
7. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting
8. Dq at Dreamworthyquilts
9. Quilting&Learning
10. Bonnie in Va
11. Carol @QuiltSchmilt

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The sunset is beautiful! Happy stitching!

Cherie Moore said...

Thank you for sharing the picture, the sunset was spectacular! I came back to look at it several times, it’s just so beautiful.

Julie in GA said...

What a gorgeous sunset! You've been doing great on getting in stitching time, and the it's reflected in the progress on all your projects.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

are you in the snow area? NW AR will get it but it is north of us by a little bit so that is nice - I don't really want more

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm glad you were able to get outdoors for some hiking and photography this week - those are the days that help me get through winter! That's a beautiful sunset, too. Enjoy your time in the sewing room this week!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Sunday, dear Kate. Woohoo on 6 weeks of stitching time! You have started the year off with a bang! I have missed chatting with you , but I have been keeping up with all of your pretties while I was camping. I am hoping to get back on track with my stitching since I am home. That is one beautiful sunset! I hope you enjoy your day. Hugs

dq said...

Beautiful sky!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, what a lovely photo of the sunset. Congrats on another productive week! I seem to be getting lots done, even if my time isn't always my own. Have a great week.

Carol Andrews said...

Kate we’ve had crazy weather swings here, too. It was so warm I was just wearing a vest. When I got to the studio it was snowing. I had to shovel the driveway to take Dee to the hospital (no winter jacket to be found). It blizzarded on my way home and today was rain. The good news DH played golf on Thursday and Friday. You’ve done so well with your stitching time. Love that sunset.

Jennifer said...

Oh wow, that sunset is amazing!