Sunday, February 4, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 5 of 2024

 


Week 5 of 2024 means it's February.  Day one and two were very nice, but now we are back to a chilly rain.  That usually means more stitching time for me, but with the nice weather, walks and photography took over a couple of afternoons. Saturday morning was science fair, so my stitching time took a hit, but I still got in at least my 15 minutes each day. 


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Jan = 31/31 days
  • 15 minute days/Feb = 3/3 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 34/34 days
  • Success rate = 100% 

I'm doing better than last year on getting in my stitching time each day.  The last time I managed 100% in January was in 2018.  My record for hanging on to a 100% success rate is January to March 2017.  My goal is to stay over 75%, but it's fun to see how long I can stay at 100%. 

A quick follow up:  A couple of weeks ago, the family photo challenge was flowers.  Grad Girl's photo was of her her latest Lego Kit, Wildflowers. But it was all in pieces. This is her fourth kit of Lego Flowers.  There were several comments that said they'd never seen Lego Flowers, not surprising if you don't have kids (little and big) that enjoy those kits.  Here's what the wildflower kit looks like assembled.



 


It's amazing what Lego offers now. It's a lot more than just building bricks now.  

Have you stayed on track with your stitching goals so far?  Link up and share how it's going. 


1. Gretchen
2. maggie f
3. Karen
4. DonnaleeQ
5. Julie in GA
6. Jennifer in Indy
7. Dq at Dreamworthyquilts
8. katie z.
9. Bonnie in Va
10. Frédérique
11. Deb in Canada
12. Quilting Gail
13. amanda
14. Celine
15. Andrée

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

13 comments:

Linda said...

Wow I can see why GG still likes Legos. That flower arrangement is really pretty.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We switched over from a very mild couple of weeks to cold rain and snow all day yesterday. What a change! Grad Girl's Lego bouquet is the coolest thing! Where do you find those? Hope you enjoyed the Science Fair judging, too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never heard of that kind of Lego's - flowers! what will they think of next

Jennifer said...

Love the legos - my son had a lego date yesterday - he and his girlfriend bought a lego for each other and then built them together - it was super cute! Way to go on your 100% stat! I made it to Jan 17th...might have to keep track of that over the years, would be fun to see how long the streak goes each year!

dq said...

I am so amazed at how far "legos" have come. They look like real flowers!

I, like you, are trying to hold onto that 100% as long as possible!

MissPat said...

I'd rather have real flowers. Those Lego flower sets aren't cheap.
Pat

Katie Z. said...

Way to go on 100%! You’ve had so much chaos and change over the last few years.

Bonnie said...

Glad you have been able to continue your 100% success rate. Wow! I didn't know Legos made flowers. I know they have some really big, intense designs. I've heard of people renting them as they are quite expensive. I like the flowers but probably won't get myself a bunch!

Barbara said...

I’ve never seen legos like that. Interesting! I’ve seen the different castles and other buildings, but the flowers are a new one on me.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Fun flowers! Well done with your 100% ;)

seabreezequilts said...

Love the lego, my kids were into it, but haven't seen anything that fancy. We have all the bricks and models in a shed ready for grandchildren whenever that is.

Celine said...

Beautiful lego! And well done on 100% sucess rate!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, congrats on your stats so far :-) Thanks for sharing the images of the lego flowers. I've been out of the loop since my son got car kits. That is so cool!