Tuesday, February 6, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 02/06/2024

The beginning of February ushered in some warmer temps, so afternoon walks have been taking some of my afternoon sewing time.  Even with that added activity, I did pretty well with my long to do list from last week.  


To Do List for 01/30/2024

1.  2024 SAHRR: Make border #2 ✔

2.  Betty: Assemble 5 blocks ✔

3.  Indigo Way: Continue assembling blocks ✔

4.  Malted Mystery: Finish Jan clue, start Feb - progress

5.  Scrappy Butterflies: Send out for quilting ✔

6.  Wild & Goosey: Finish green blocks, start red blocks ✔

7.  Chilhowie: Continue as leaders and enders project ✔


Check marks on six out of 7, with progress on the 7th is a really good week. I've been prioritizing the current quilt along projects, so those get done first.  Progress on the other projects has consequently been slower, but there is still progress.  

I've been contemplating my strategy for this week. Now that Scrappy Butterflies is out for quilting, do I pull out another quilt to be finished and add that to the rotation?  With two on going quilt alongs, it's probably best that I concentrate on what's currently up on the design walls. I can concentrate on finishing up some of my older projects later in the year.  A to do list with seven items is just a bit long for comfort.  So here's this week's to do list. 


To Do List for 02/06/2024

1. 2024 Stay at Home Round Robin (Quilting Gail): Finish border #3. 



 

The prompt for the third border is to use triangles.  I've got my design worked out. But I need to pick an orange and a black for those triangles.  

2. Betty (Meadow Mist Designs): Assemble last 5 blocks.




The last 5 went together pretty quickly.  Just 5 left to construct for this week. Then it's on to quilt construction. 

3.  Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter): Continue assembling blocks. 




Not a lot of progress on this project, but there has been some. I'd like to get this to finished quilt top and off the design wall. Since all the blocks are laid out on the design wall and ready to stitch, it just makes sense to keep working on this project. 

4.  Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Work on the February clue. 




January clue is done.  It doesn't look square, but it is.  This design wall is behind my cutting table and it's hard to get something laid out straight on it. The February clue is out, I'm really excited to get the new rows added and see how my version comes out.  

5. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter):  Work on red blocks.




One red block is already finished and a second not far off finished.  I've been working on 2 at a time as I stitch on my other projects.  

6. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Finish last block.

The 9th block is almost finished.  Once it's done, this project is going to go into a project box for a bit.  The sashing is pieced and it would help to have the blocks on the design wall while working through that process.  Chilhowie has been my leaders and enders project. I will probably start working on Indigo Way as my leaders and enders till I can get it off the design wall.  

So that's my list for this week.  A bit shorter than last week's, which I hope means better progress on what's left on it.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday. 

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've got lots of checkmarks on last week's list - way to go, Kate! I love that photo of your SAHRR center, and the possible fabric choices for this week's border. It will be fun to see what you choose!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Hooray for warmer temps and afternoon walks. Looks like a lot of great progress last week. Congratulations on getting Scrappy Butterflies shipped off and have fun working on your projects this week.

Linda said...

You did good on your list. I always look forward to seeing your projects, they are so pretty. Isn't the warmer weather great!

Carolyn said...

Wow, good progress on last week's list! The Malted Mystery is very pretty!

Sara said...

Each of those leave photos is certainly a good one. Yours may be my favorite however! You caught the light and color so well.

Love those little red Wild and Goosy blocks. You've made some excellent progress on everything!