Sunday, February 4, 2024

2024 Stay at Home Round Robin: Border #2

It's been a cold and rainy day, perfect for lots of sewing time.  My focus today was to finish the second border for this year's SAHRR.  Last week's prompt was from Anja Quilts, using just two colors do anything you like for the second border.  I decided to go simple. 




The rail fence borders were pretty easy, but those 9 patches with the 1" orange strips weren't as easy.  I didn't do too badly at matching the corners up with the sides, but even being just a tad off shows up with those bold colors. Grad Girl likes it, which is all that matters.  I'm looking forward to seeing what guidance we get for border 3 on Monday morning. The quilt is just 26" x 28", I'm going to need to use some larger blocks in the next 3 rounds to get this to a good couch sized quilt.      

Linking up with the 2024 SAHRR Round 2, Design Wall Monday, and Patchwork & Quilts.  

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

He is coming along really well. Terrific job so far.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your new round is beautiful, simple and efficient, yet elegant!
Thank you for sharing.

Julie in GA said...

Your SAHRR is looking great! I love the simplicity of the most recent addition.

Linda said...

Love your additions, and if Grad Girl likes it, so much the better! Looking forward to seeing it grow.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks great, Kate! I like the simplicity of this border after the busier signature blocks border. On to border #3!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I think your second border looks great, and I'm curious to learn what the next prompt will be this morning.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate!! Oh my goodness. Your SAHRR is just perfect or purrrrrfect. Everything goes together so well! I adore the background fabric with the polka dots of black and orange, and the orange eyes on the kitty. The rail fence was a brilliant choice. I truly cannot wait to see where this goes next. LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PROJECT!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Quilting Gail said...

I think you did a wonderful job! It looks fantastic!

Nann said...

Can't decide if the cat is scowling or just staring -- the dark second round is a great fram.

Barbara said...

I love what you’re doing with this. Very cute.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my gosh !! I love how this is coming together!!

Kim said...

The border is striking. I love the drama it adds to that amazing cat!