Saturday, March 23, 2024

Week 107 Photo Challenge: Statue(s)

This week's photo challenge had both My Guy and I debating if a trip to Tulsa was necessary as we weren't sure there were many of these in town. 



We did make the trip to Tulsa, but I found my image in town on one of my rambles.  


Kate: Where the Buffalo Roam?


Oklahoma is one of the places where the buffalo used to roam. So it's not surprising that our community decided to put bison statues all over town.  This one is called "Tree of Life", it's in front of the Presbyterian Church downtown. As this street isn't really one of my habi-trails when I'm downtown, I hadn't really looked at it. It definitely has a lot of painted detail on it. I loved all the birds.  You can read more about the bison and see photos of several of the other bison statues here.  

My Guy decided Tulsa offered better opportunities and found his photo at Woodard Park.  


My Guy: Contemplation


There is a small sculpture garden in one corner of the park.  The tulips, azaleas, and dogwoods were blooming.  He took lots of photos of those in addition to the statues.  This one captured both. 

Grad Girl would have been in a good location for statues if she was home last week, but she was in New Orleans for a conference.


Grad Girl: Sun Baked

 


She had lots of options there as well.  This was her favorite from the trip.  I'm not sure where she took this one.  They certainly don't make buildings like this anymore.  

I pulled this week's card from the deck.  




My Guy definitely has an advantage this week. This is one of his specialties, he has the lens for it. I'm sure I can come up with something. Hopefully we will have a few days where I can get out and walk. It's supposed to be a wet week here.   

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love to see public art and sculpture all around town! The article about the buffalo in Bartlesville was fun to read - I like that buffalo you chose for your photo, too. Here where I live (Loveland, Colo), we have large hearts all over the place!

Sara said...

The bison statues are very interesting, and that one is full of beautiful details. Wow!!

Donna said...

Cool Bison! Locally we have big frogs statues (really) that businesses adopt and paint. I think Toledo was known as Frogtown at one time. You get blind to the local stuff when you see it all the time.

Anonymous said...

Very fun photos. There was some kind of art contest in Portland some years ago where people did cows like your buffalo. Eventually the cows were moved to other locations, and I've seen them in other parts of the state. Barbara at Cat Patches.

Linda said...

What a lovely buffalo - I never really pay much attention to statues, but I would have noticed that one!

Jennifer said...

Three great pictures!