Saturday, March 2, 2024

Week 104 Photo Challenge: True Love

We took two weeks for this challenge since I couldn't walk much of the week before and I hurt so badly, getting a photo just wasn't one of my priorities.  This last challenge was another one requiring a good deal of interpretation.  




I struggled a bit with this one.  True Love is serious stuff.  My Guy and I had a conversation about love languages a couple of weeks ago.  I don't think we each have just one, but a big one for both of us is acts of service.  When I was working, if I had all day meetings that meant no afternoon coffee, he was well known for walking in at the end of the lunch break with a large latte from our favorite coffee place. Even some of the men I worked with were envious (probably just because I had good coffee to start what was likely going to be a long afternoon).  I returned the favor.  If he had all day meetings, I'd bring him coffee before the end of lunch. For some reason it was more impactful when he brought it to me.  


Kate: True Love like Coffee in the Morning


My Guy makes coffee every morning, heats up my cup in the microwave and then usually brings me my first cup in the morning as I'm writing on the computer.  On the weekends we usually have the second cup of the morning sitting in our recliners talking about the news, what went on at work/home, how the kid is doing, etc. I guess that's our version of true love.  

My Guy's photo this week is more the traditional impression of true love. 


My Guy: True Love is Sailing into the Sunset

 

My Guy always seems to be in the right place at the right time. He is really good at really looking, seeing and capturing wonderful images.  His photo is my favorite this week.  These are wild Mallard ducks that hang out at the local lake. I guess they are going to go cuddle someplace for the evening, it's still really chilly here at night. 

Grad Girl doesn't date much, she's got so much going on right now.  But she does have someone that waits for her to get home and cuddles when she really needs it.

 

Grad Girl: True Love is a Cat

 

Grad Girl has had a couple of really rough weeks in grad school.  Queenie seems to get when it's really bad and gives her extra cuddles at night and in the morning.  

This week's challenge card is much more concrete and much less subject to interpretation. 




The challenge this week will be to get an interesting photo.  

6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Great photos once again--and I love how each one showed a photo of 'love'--
and yes--hubby's was a perfect timing shot!!!
hugs, diane

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

At our house true love is a coffee date, too! It might be home-brewed and enjoyed in our comfy chairs when we get up in the morning, or it might be at our favorite coffee shop, but it's all good. Your guy's duck photo is wonderful, and I love the shot of Queenie, too. Cats do seem to be sensitive to what's going on with their people!

Donna said...

Your guy got a great duck photo. I liked them all. Hearing your interpretations is half the fun!

Barbara said...

Great photos. I liked your coffee story. Those little things are so nice. Your guy’s photo is just plain lovely. And, of course, cats cannot help but be loved.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Great photos, Kate. Your Mr. Guy sounds like a keeper! Those are some pretty mugs too. Lovely photos of the ducks and kitty as well. Bikes will be another fun challenge.

Linda said...

Wonderful photos! Nothing says true love like yours and your husband's kind of "doing" - I get it and agree with it. That is our love language too. Those are some serious coffee mugs! I'm glad Grad Girl has Queenie - the ultimate comfort at the end of a long day.