Sunday, March 31, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 13 of 2024


Do you have Easter Egg hunts planned for today?  That was such a big deal with my mother in law when she was alive.  The grand kids always looked forward too the hunt after lunch.  Now our chick is way to big for egg hunts, but she still really likes those marshmallow bunnies and chicks.

As far as the stitching week, I managed to make it to the sewing room every day. 


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Mar = 30/30 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 90/90 days
  • Success rate = 100%

Some days this week I just barely managed to work in my 15 minutes. The ranchers burn the fields this time of year here in Oklahoma and several days the smoke in the air was just overwhelming.  Those days it's hard to feel much like stitching.  The field burning should end soon, thankfully.  

How did you do this week at working in some stitching time?  


1. maggie f
2. Julie in GA
3. DonnaleeQ
4. Quilting Gail
5. Janice
6. Bonnie in Va
7. DawnyK
8. Frédérique
9. Dq at Dreamworthyquilts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

Linda said...

I feel for you on the agricultural smoke. I grew up in a house on 4 acres, and one seasonal constant was that the back fields were planted with alfalfa, so plowing, planting, harvesting, and more plowing occurred. The plowing and dust almost always coincided with Mom putting wet clothes on the clotheline - lol!
No Easter egg hunts here, just deviled eggs - lol!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

No egg hunts at our house anymore either, but there was one at my mom's assisted living place yesterday. It was fun to see the kids running down the hall looking for eggs! So sorry to hear about the smoke, too - that definitely interferes with life in general. Have a happy Easter, Kate!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

No more Easter egg hunts here either--and I don't remember too many growing up--am sure I did some with the kids--long time ago--my thing has always been coloring Easter eggs and sometimes I am even know to make my grown up family color eggs or my grown up kids--!!!
sorry about the smoke--
hugs, and blessings , diane

seabreezequilts said...

I think my husband misses the egg hunts more than the kids do now they are adults. He was talking about it this weekend he will have to wait until grandchildren arrive but I hope that is a long way from now. The only time we smell smoke is when there are bushfires they can be many km away and we can smell it on the plains wether it comes from the north, the hills or even the big island of the coast.

dq said...

Hooray! Still at 100%. You are doing great!
It was a busy Easter weekend because I tended four of my grands, but Easter Sunday was quiet and back to normal. Loved it!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on your 100%! You are very dedicated to your stitching.