Sunday, March 3, 2024

2024 Stay at Home Round Robin: Week #6

It wasn't a bad week in the sewing room, but not making it up the sewing room for a couple of days last week really put me behind on my ongoing quilt alongs.  I did make good progress on the 2024 SAHRR, but wasn't able to finish off border #5 this weekend. 




The vertical borders are assembled, the left one is sewn on.  I ran out of steam today after I got the right border cut to size.  The last seven friendship star blocks are over at the sewing machine in various states of assembly. Border #6 has been drafted in EQ, but I haven't yet gotten started on the blocks.  I have till March 18th to finish off borders 5 and 6.  If I don't lose any more sewing days, I should have a finished quilt top by then.  

Linking up with Kathleen McMusing for the SAHHR quilt along.  And with my normal Monday linky parties: Monday Design Wall and Patchwork & Quilts.    

13 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

You are making good progress. This quilt makes me grin each time I see the cat's eyes. I like how this is turning out!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh such teeny Friendship Stars. I adore this quilt, Kate. It is looking fabulous. Enjoy your day. Hugs.

Sara said...

That last round is looking so good. The whole thing came together nicely. It's funny that I chose the Friendship Star too, but there is only ONE of them in my final border. I'm hoping to sew it onto the quilt today.

Kathleen said...

This quilt top is looking fabulous. Good luck as you work on finishing it before the parade. It really is a fabulous top and I look forward to seeing your round 6!

Nann said...

It's purr-fectly terrific!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Needing to assemble lots of little pieces for a border takes some doing, but it sounds like you're on the right track! This is looking good, Kate!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really like the way this is alternating between light and dark borders. With all the piecing the friendship star blocks take, I think you've made great progress and I hope the borders continue to come together smoothly between now and the final linkup!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Though I am not an 'orange' person--I love how your little quilt is coming along--great ideas--
hugs, diane

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty orange and black stars, I love your creative layout! I can't wait to see how you will make the last border ;)
Thank you for sharing this fun project!

Barbara said...

It’s looking great. Looks like a fun project. If we hadn’t been traveling, I might have joined in.

JanineMarie said...

It’s looking good. You can do it!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh Love those Stars fpr the next border - they are wonderful!

dq said...

I really need to participate in this next year. It is fun to design a new border each month and watch it come together.