Sunday, November 26, 2023

Stitching Stuff: Week 46 of 2023


Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is over and we are into the Christmas season already. With it being a holiday week, I tempered my expectations of getting in much stitching time. However, Grad Girl and I did manage a few sitting and stitching sessions over the holiday weekend. 


  • 15 minute days/week = 4/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Nov = 20/25 days
  • 15 minute days/2023 = 278/329 days
  • Success rate = 84.5%

At least I stitched more days than I didn't this week.  I'm still over my 75% stitching goal for the year, so I'm going to be happy with my efforts.  

In spite of the holiday, I did manage to get in just a bit of sewing room clean up, though not as much as I'd been doing. I actually made a little progress with the #1 scrap bag.  



The top photo is before, the bottom is after. Hard to tell there is much difference, but the fabrics at the top of the bag are different now.  

Some fabric also disappeared from the to be pressed bin.




After four weeks I'm about half way through the bin.  It's harder going now that I've taken care of all the fat quarters. The yardage that was pressed included one 3 yard, one 4 yard and one 8 yard length of fabric.  Dealing with anything longer than 4 yards is tough when it comes to pressing and then folding.  The 8 yard length took a good hour to finish.  I'd so much rather sew, but it will be nice the next time I go looking for a dark background to have that black fabric pressed and ready to use. 

Did you get any stitching time in over the holiday?  

1. Gretchen
2. maggie f
3. Julie in GA
4. Karen
5. Frédérique
6. DonnaleeQ
7. katie z.
8. Quilting Gail
9. Andrée at Quilting & Learning
10. Bonnie in Va
11. Deb in Canada

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

You're making progress with organizing your fabrics! Sewing is more fun when having organized, neatly folded fabric makes it so much easier. Happy stitching!

maggie fellow said...

I'm impressed with your progress hopefully I will get into my room next week and start weeding.

Julie in GA said...

I need to take a page out of your book and do something with my piles of scraps. It's true that having your scraps organized and your big pieces of fabric pressed will make your life much easier when you are ready to use those fabrics.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great use of your sewing studio time, it's nice to have things clean and tidy ;)

Katie Z. said...

Good for you doing all that ironing! I also find ironing yardage challenging.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I swear that scrap bins fluff up with air when we mess around in them, and that's why it often looks like we haven't made any progress! Glad you're getting that yardage pressing done. You will definitely appreciate that when you want to use it!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, I'm glad that you got some time in for stitching and cleaning up your space! I haven't done much of anything. Hopefully I'll be up to stitching soon!

Bonnie said...

Ugh on the ironing. With my wild purchases last week I have 16 yards of fabric to press. (I already finished one 2 yard piece - yea!) I can definitely see scrap bag #1 has had a good amount of fabric out. Keep up the good work. When you are working on your fabric is that also considered your stitching time? I have been doing a bit of neatening up also. Surprised myself when I found six 4.5" squares with go with fabric ready to be cut into Happy Blocks. Oops! I wonder when I pulled all of them? Hope you can keep making inroads on your fabrics.