Tuesday, November 14, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 11/14/2023

The weeks always seem to go so quickly as we get closer to the end of the year.  Last week seems to have just sped by somehow.  My ambitious to do list for the week was definitely too long.  

To Do List for the Week of 11/07/2023

1.  Macaron Mystery: Finish hand stitching the binding ✔
2.  Malted Mystery: Finish clue 4, start clue 5 -  progress
3.  Indigo Way: Decide on fabrics for mystery ✔
4.  Scrappy Butterflies: Find backing fabric ✔
5.  Rhododendron Mystery: Finish block/sashing assembly - progress
6.  Wild and Goosey: Make 2 orange blocks - progress
7.   Chilhowie: Continue as leader and ender project ✔

I was able to check off over half the items and made progress on the rest. That's still a pretty good week.  This week's list will be shorter.  

To Do List for the Week of 11/14/2023

1. Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish clue 4, start clue 5



All that's left to finish of clue 4 is one more set of flying geese.  I've made a start on those.  I've downloaded clue 5, but haven't printed it yet, so I need to do that as well.  

2. Scrappy Butterflies (self-designed): Prep fabrics, design back, cut back. 




Based on a few trials in EQ, I'll need about 6 yards of fabric to back this quilt.  I'm trying to use up stash, particularly older stash that hasn't found it's way into quilts yet.  Both of the blue bonnet prints were purchased when we lived in Texas, so that makes them at least 17 years old.  I'm going to use the stripe as sashing, framing etc between the two.  I have some thoughts on how to arrange the fabrics on the back, but I need to play around in EQ to get my measurements correct.  

3. Rhododendron Mystery (Bonnie Hunter): Finish sewing sashing and blocks together, start on borders.




Just two seams left, long ones, but still just two and the center will be assembled.  I have a plan for the borders.  As the borders will be pieced, I doubt they get finished this week. But any progress would be good.  

4. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make 2 orange blocks




About 1.5 blocks is what I manage each week.  That's progress, so I'm good with that.  Not sure what the plan is for this project next year.  There are some other oldies and goodies I'd like to work on, so we'll see if this one ends up back in the project box for 2024.  

5.  Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Leaders and enders project

6.  Fabric organization: Cut/sort scraps, press yardage



One of my goals for 2023 was to get the sewing room better organized.  I hadn't done much on that this year until a couple of weeks ago.  There were 2 full drawers, plus 2 large bags of scraps that needed to be cut, sorted and stored.  I've made good progress on one of the scrap drawers. It was completely full at the beginning of the year.  I'm also working to clean up the fabric closet a bit. Part of that is pressing out the fabrics I've prewashed.  I have a big stack of those.  

This week's list is shorter, by one.  Oh well.  If I make progress on most of them I'll be happy.  linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I concur - the weeks go faster in the fall/winter!
Love your projects - your Wild and Goosey are going to be so bright and wild!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

You made great progress on your long list from last week. I hope you continue to make a little bit of progress each day; it's amazing how a little bit of stitching can move things along.

Sara said...

Best of luck on the reorganizing task. My intentions were good to reorganize/clean up my sewing room in 2023, but my follow-up hasn't been so good. You always choose such pretty colors for your quilts. The malted mystery is going to be very "spa-like".

Donna said...

My scraps have taken on a life of their own. Good job keeping on top of yours!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh I agree, Kate. The weeks seem to fly by particularly this time of the year. It is a busy time isn't it? You did a great job on your list. I love the backing fabrics that you chose for your butterfly quilt. The bluebonnet fabrics are so gorgeous and are perfect for this quilt. Enjoy your week. Hugs.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wow your Rhod. quilt is really moving along and looking great! I'm so anxious to see the Wild & Goosey, as you know! (Still mulling over what colors I want but it's obviously not happening until next year!)

Preeti said...

Oh my goodness, that is a lot of triangles. Wishing you perfect points and loads of uninterrupted sewing time.