Sunday, November 12, 2023

Stitching Stuff: Week 44 of 2023

 


Almost halfway through November?  I'm definitely not ready for that, but as I can't change anything about that, I'm just hoping to keep going with the flow.  That was pretty much what happened with my stitching time this week. 


  • 15 minute days/week = 6/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Nov = 9/11 days
  • 15 minute days/2023 = 267/315 days
  • Success rate = 84.76%

I missed one day last week. That was my travel day back from Texas. I got in so late and was just too tired to stitch on anything.  But otherwise it was a good week in the sewing room.  I did mange work in one morning of sewing room clean up.  The scrap bin accumulated a few odds and ends from some donation blocks and the trimming up of a quilt sandwich.  



Those scraps were dealt with pretty quickly and sorted into the scrap boxes.  So I'm starting the week with an empty scrap bin.  We'll see how long it stays empty. 

The fabric to be ironed pile also went down a bit. 


It's hard to really judge how much progress there was. It amounted to 4 or 5 fat quarters, 2 half yard pieces, 1-1 yard piece and a wide backing fabric.  The wide backing fabric took awhile to press and fold. But now it's ready if the right quilt comes up.  I had purchased this wide backing for another project, but by the time the top was finished, I had misplaced it.  Now that it's pressed, I've made a special place for it in the fabric closet.  Hopefully that means I can find it when I need it next time.  

So how did you do at working in either stitching time or clean up time? Maybe you managed both?  

1. Frédérique
2. maggie f
3. Karen
4. Julie in GA
5. DonnaleeQ
6. Shasta @ High Road Quilter
7. Andrée at Quilting & Learning
8. katie z.
9. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

9 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I'm quite satisfied with my sewing week ;) And it looks like yours was pretty good too. Bravo for emptying the box!

Linda said...

Can you hear my applause for the empty box? :D Looks like a good week for you. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hard to believe this is week 44, middle of November already

Julie in GA said...

Way to go on getting in some quilting time almost every day last week, especially after traveling. I'm impressed by your empty scrap bin. I definitely need to do some serious cleaning up in my sewing room.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm impressed with your empty scrap basket, Kate! Do you cut the scraps into usable size pieces and store another way? I'm always curious how people deal with scraps. Glad you found that wide backing piece - now it can be designated for another quilt!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow, an empty scrap bin! I can't imagine having an empty scrap bin. I have a box I am trying to empty, but there are other boxes waiting in the wings when the box is finished.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, I'm glad that you had a great sewing week! Those feel so good..and that you're keeping those piles managed. I don't generally iron my fabric until I need them, otherwise I would never use them - it would be a permanent pile. Glad you "found" your large backing. It happens here too often! Take care.

Barbara said...

Nice emptying out that scrap bin. Mine get tossed to the side until I can sort them by color. I'm just finishing up quilting all the red squares on my cat quilt. I'm close to having it finished, but my motivation is waning. I'm taking a break to fortify myself.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Woo Hoo on getting so much accomplished, Kate. Pressing, ,folding and organizing your stash takes a while. I have been trying to follow your lead doing a little at a time. Today, I cut down 2 yards of fabric for a future project so I was happy. Happy quilting. Hugs.