Monday, November 27, 2023

A Change of Pace

For those in the US, I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that everyone else had a wonderful weekend.  We ate a lot last week.  Both Grad Girl and My Guy are incredible cooks. I did my part with chocolate pie, pistachio salad and brownies, all family favorites. I really need to get with my exercise program over the next few weeks so I can endure a repeat round of feasting at Christmas.  

I did get some time in the sewing room before leaving it for holiday prep and hanging out time with Grad Girl.  But I don't have much to show for it. I didn't sew for several days and then spent most of the weekend working on my long term embroidery panel.  




I finished off butterfly #4 and made a start on the next set of vines in the block one down from the butterfly.  I've been working on this butterfly since before October of 2021, so it was definitely past time to get this part of the embroidery finished. At some point the plan is make this piece into a quilt.   

I can't show what Grad Girl was working on becuase she's doing Christmas presents, but she finished off her previous embroidery project just before the Thanksgiving holiday. 




This is one where she traced the design and came up with her own stitches.  It's really cool looking.  I think the plan for this one is to frame it for display in her apartment.  

That's all I have to show for my time with needle and thread this week. Linking up with Monday Design Wall, Patchwork & Quilts, and Slow Stitching Sunday.  

11 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your butterfly looks great, and Grad Girl's embroidery is gorgeous!

Linda said...

I hear you on getting in shape for Christmas feasting. We splurged until last night when we finally called it quits. Today starts the lower fat/sugar meals and treadmill marathons. Grad Girl's embroidery is spectacular.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to get back to exercise also - I'm eating too much

Sara said...

Both of you have some excellent embroidery skills. Grad Girl's piece is quite amazing.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

A change of pace is always nice, especially combined with getting out of town and seeing Grad Girl! I love your butterfly project - it was fun to see the whole piece when you shared it recently. Grad Girl's embroidery is amazing - the bright thread against the black is a beautiful look!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, these are gorgeous embroidered projects! Your butterfly is very pretty, and I love the creativity of your daughter. So beautiful.
Thank you for sharing them, and linking up.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It sounds and looks like you had a cozy change of pace!

Barbara said...

Beauiful embroidery. Is your butterfly a Jack Dempsey pattern? It reminds me of the Kittens I’ve been doing. I’m impressed with Grad Girl’s original design. She really has a flare for this! Smart and talented young lady.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Mmmm pistachio salad sounds so yummy! Your butterfly block is looking amazing, Kate and Grad Girl did a fabulous job on her embroidery. It will look quite lovely framed and on display. Hugs.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful work from both of you!

dq said...

Very nice butterfly. Grad girl's design is so stunning! Impressed!