Sunday, September 17, 2023

Stitching Stuff: Week 36 of 2023


September is already more than half over.  I'm not really ready for that at all.  Even though it's half gone, it's been a good month on the finding time to stitch front, even with a busier than normal week. 

  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Sept = 16/16 days
  • 15 minute days/2023 = 222/259 days
  • Success rate = 85.71%
There was one day this week I just barely got in my time and that was the day I went to the stained glass class with some of my work buddies.  It also happened to be gym day, which puts me back at the house a little late in the afternoon.  But I did get in a bit of stitching time before I left.  The class was fun, but I'm not going to trade in my rotary cutter for a glass cutter.  I learned to solder as an undergraduate, but man that was years ago.  With a refresher on that front and a bit of help, my stained glass pumpkin turned out mostly OK. 



 
Not sure what I'm going to do with this, probably hang it in my sewing room window as part of my fall decor. 

How was your stitching week?  Did you get sidetracked by other fall activities or did you get lots of sewing room time in?  


1. Gretchen
2. maggie f
3. Karen
4. DonnaleeQ
5. Andrée at Quilting & Learning
6. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting
7. Deb in Canada

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The apple is really cute! Enjoy seeing it sparkle in the sunlight!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I used to love working in Stain Glass but haven't worked in it in years. I remember lots of little cuts on my fingers :) I made a lamp that has flowers around the edges that is still hanging in my living room and a window that is placed high in the wall between the living room and kitchen

Barbara said...

I love your stained glass pumpkin! At first I thought it was one of those tomato pincushions. I’ve never tried stained glass, and I don’t know how to solder. Mike is good at it though.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, your stained glass pumpkin looks great! I love the look of stained glass but would rather play with quiet, soft fabric than cutting glass and soldering. Hope you have a good sewing week!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

September certainly is flying by. Your stained glass pumpkin is adorable , Kate and will look great in the window. I was able to get in a fair amount of stitching time, though I did not work on my intended projects. Have a great week. Hugs.