Tuesday, September 26, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 9/26/2023

It's hard to believe that October is just a few days away.  The end of the year always goes so quickly.  I've got lots of stuff on the calendar over the next few months, so my stitching time is definitely going to drop off.  I've done pretty well at taking advantage of all the stitching time this month.  That is definitely reflected in last week's to do list. 

To Do List for 9/19/2023

1.  Unity/Helianthus: Finish quilt, photograph ✔
2.  Macaron Mystery: Prep quilt top for quilting ✔
3.  Scrappy Butterflies: Finish adding borders - progress
4.  Malted Mystery: Continue to work on clue 3 ✔
5.  Wild & Goosey: Make 2 teal blocks - progress
6.  Chilhowie: Continue as leader and ender project ✔

Four check marks and progress on the rest of the list is a really good week.  My focus for the next few months is moving as many quilts as possible to the finish line.  I'm pretty sure I can finish at least two more before the end of the year even with the full calendar.  So that's the focus for this week's to do list.

To Do List for 9/26/2023

1.  Macaron Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Package and mail out for quilting




I finished cleaning off all the loose threads on Sunday.  I've found a box and the batting.  I just need to finish the packaging, write the label and take it to the post office.  That should be doable this week.

2.  Melodic Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Find backing fabric and decide on piecing plan





Melodic Mystery became a finished quilt top in August. It's actually not on the UFO list yet as it's not been over a year since I started it. But it will pass that milestone before I get this one out for quilting.  

3. Scrappy Butterflies (self designed):  Finish last border



  
The first border has been added.  The final border will be that darker blue from the alternate blocks.  It always takes longer to finish a border then I think it will.  Fingers crossed this is a finished quilt top before next week's to do list.  Since it will be my oldest finished quilt top, it will be next on the list after Melodic Mystery to get the backing, prep for quilting and send it out.  That's the plan for November anyway.  

4. Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Continue to work on clue 3




I've finished one set of HSTs, the sister's block, the plus blocks and am now working on the T blocks.  There is one more set of blocks, plus another set of HSTs to finish before the end of the month.  I'm on track to finish this clue before the next one comes out.  

5.  Wild & Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Finish 4 teal blocks




I finished one block last week and got started on two more.  It's been slow progress on this project this year.  But that's OK, I'm just happy to move this one along a little. 

6. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leader and ender project. 





The center of block 7 is assembled. Now it just needs the borders added.  I should have a finished block by next week's to do list so it will be time to start on the components for block 8.  

That's my to do list for this week.  I'm going for slow and steady progress.  If not everything gets checked off, I'm good with that so long as there has been some progress.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for this week's To Do Tuesday.  

12 comments:

Linda said...

I'm excited for your Marcaron Mystery quilting, and Scrappy Butterflies is looking so pretty. Enjoy your week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you clean the back of your quilts off so well! I really have never taken the time to do that and rarely have a stray thread show through. There have been times when it did show and I was able to take my hand quilting needle and poke it through and pull it out from the top while quilting

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

You're making really great progress, and I hope you have fun working on all the goals this week. And it's amazing how full life gets at this time of year. I just marked up my calendar with at least 1 big multi-day event for October through February...

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate! Slow and steady wins the race every time. I cannot wait to see Macaron Mystery finished. It looks fabulous from the back - just think how great the right side is especially with quilting added. And Melodic just needs a little attention and it will be out the door, too. Geez, you are doing really great moving all these projects forward. Keep up the good work, my friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Sara said...

Your color choices always look great. We have similar likes in terms of color.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Way to keep up on Wild and Goosey. (I'm starting to give more thought to what colors I want to use but that's about it until I pop out a few more fall quilts!)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Nice progress on each of those lovely quilt tops--
I admire all your hard work and steady workings--
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think slow and steady progress is always the thing to shoot for! That works for me, too. It is definitely hard to believe that it will be October in a few days! Have a great a week of more progress, Kate!

Julie in GA said...

You have so many lovely projects getting close to finished! I love the colors you are using in the new Malted Mystery.

Barbara said...

Progress on many fronts. It all looks good.

Nann said...

Wonderful pressing job! (I am embarrassed to show the backs of my flimsies.)

Marti said...

You've been getting so much done since I last visited! You clean your backs so well! Has your quilter ever commented on it? It looks like Melodic Mystery will be a finish soon too. Well done!