Monday, September 11, 2023

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Before I start my Monday post, I always read over what I wrote for the previous week's post.  Some weeks all I can do is shake my head and wonder what was I thinking.  The plan was to get Scrappy Butterflies assembled last Monday.  Didn't happen, not even close.  It was a week of, wrong block in the wrong place. Tried to take it off the row, unstitched the wrong seam.  I did this not once, but twice on two different rows.  So all I have to show for my progress is this:



   

The pieces are all sewn back together, but there wasn't time to press them before we left for my sister's birthday party.  I'm hoping once I press the seams and put the rows back up on the design wall, all the blocks will be in the right places this time.  

The only other activity was to make a start on clue 3 for the Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs) project. 




I've got all the background and fabric A pieces cut that are needed for this first piecing clue.  I've even got a start on the first set of HSTs.  There are a lot of steps in this first clue, like two sets of HSTs.  I'll have to stay on top of that this month if I hope to stay on track with the clues.  We'll see how that goes.  

Hopefully you had better luck with your design walls last week.  Linking up with the usual linky parties, Design Wall Monday and Patchwork & Quilts.  

8 comments:

Linda said...

I like making HSTs that way you have in your photo. My design wall is still waiting for the flannel layer. The batting I had on it was really good to hold fabric but the cats had shredded the bottom so badly I just ripped it off!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Fingers crossed for you!!
Glad you had a party tho - that was a fun thing to go to right?

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that the Scrappy Butterflies quilt top assembly was being so finicky. I hope you have it all fixed!

Sara said...

Oh my - it's good to know I'm not the only one who picks out the wrong seam. I did the same thing yesterday.

Have a great stitching week!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That sounds like a frustrating time with your Butterfly quilt top. Hope this week goes more smoothly! Looks like some pretty colors for the Malted Mystery.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oops, not fun to unstitch, but now everything is perfect! Well done with planning well ahead your pieces for the mystery. Pretty teal fabric!
Thank you for sharing ;)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Gosh, we have those kinds of weeks every now and then. Don't you just hate having the "two steps back feeling" . It has been such a joy to see your progress on your scrappy butterflies. Wishing you a very productive week.

Barbara said...

Oy. I’ve done stuff like that before too. So frustrating.