Sunday, September 10, 2023

Stitching Stuff: Week 35 of 2023



I've already stared thinking about my quilting plans for next year. It seems a bit early, but the end of the year will be here before we know it. I'm really hoping to get in at least 4 finishes before the end of the year.  If my sewing stats continue like this I might just make that. 

  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Sept = 9/9 days
  • 15 minute days/2023 = 215/252
  • Success rate = 85.32%

I've managed to get in 7 days for the last three weeks.  That may be challenging this next week as I've got places to be and people to see.

Speaking of seeing, I was on my way home from the gym and stopped to get my reward iced latte and saw this. 



  
You can clearly see daddy and mommy ape. If you look closely there are three little baby apes just behind mom.  Not sure where this little family is going, but it was just one of those things you don't see often.  

Hopefully you've been able to see the inside of your sewing room this week.  Link up and share how you've been doing on getting in some good stitching time. 

1. Gretchen
2. maggie f
3. Julie in GA
4. Frédérique
5. Karen
6. katie z.
7. Shasta @ High Road Quilter
8. Deb in Canada
9. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting
10. Quilting Gail

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

That's very true, we don't normally see a family of gorillas. I hope you can find some sewing time in your busy week.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Fun statues! Great sewing numbers, I hope you will still manage to have some this week.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

no you don't see apes in a wagon bed often do you!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a funny sight to see on your way home! I wonder where those guerrillas were going. We have a sculpture show here in our town every August, so you will see sculptures in trailers all over town for that week, as they're brought to be unloaded for the show. Fingers crossed for you to get some more finishes this year! I have two tops waiting in the wings - time to order some more backing fabric for them.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

They are fun statues! I would also like to have more finishes for the year. I would like to finish already started quilts if I can resist starting new ones.

Preeti said...

I have heard about Catholics and their obsession with guilt. So I hope that you are not making guilting plans, just quilting plans with a typo :-) Go see things. Your sewing room will be right there waiting for you when you return, no guilt!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Great job on meeting your goals these last few weeks, Kate. You never know what you are going to see on the road do you? Lol. Happy quilting.