Tuesday, April 30, 2024

To Do Tuesday for the Week of 4/30/2024

It's the last day of April, so we are 1/3 of the way into 2024.  I'd hoped for more finishes by this point, but knee surgery wasn't one of my goals for 2024.  So I'm hoping to focus on getting in some finishes the next couple of months.  With no new projects on the horizon, that should be doable.  

I came up with a to do list for last week on Friday. I kept it simple and pretty minimal.  But that paid off, I feel like I'm getting back into the groove.


To Do List for 04/23/2024

1.  Butterfly Medallion: Continue as back up project ✔

2.  Rhododendron: Finish last border ✔

3.  Guild Bom: Cut April block pieces ✔ 

4.  Wild and Goosey: Continue to make purple blocks ✔

5.  Indigo Way: Continue as leaders and enders ✔


So five for five this week. Even if they were pretty easy items, it feels good to feel productive again.  I'll keep it easy for this week too. 


To Do List for 04/30/2024

1. 2023 SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Press backing fabric and cut panels. 

The piecing plan has been worked out, I just need to get the fabric ready.  

2. Guild BOM: Assemble April block, cut May block 




The pieces are all ready for assembly.  

3.  Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make red and purple blocks




Soscrappy says the RSC color for May is pink.  I'm not using pink in this quilt, so the plan is to continue playing with purple and alternate in some red blocks as well. I'm going to need to cut some more scraps for both colors.  It's been fun to watch the piles of blocks grow this year.  Funny though, it doesn't seem to be helping move scraps out of the bins.  

4. Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leaders and enders

I'm still making component parts for the B blocks that still need to be made.  Since I didn't sew much in April, the progress on this project has been slow. It would be nice to have all the blocks done by the end of May.  

I'll stick with a short list for this week and hope that I get more done on each project.  I would like to get the SAHRR out for quilting by mid May.  

Linking up with To Do Tuesday over at The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric.  

2 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm so glad you were feeling well enough to make progress on all your goals for last week. I hope that you continue to feel better each day!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Those are some very pretty fabrics that you are using in the BOM, Kate. I look forward to hearing all that you completed for the week. Hugs.