Sunday, April 14, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 15 of 2024


I'm a bit late posting this morning. I'm a bit dragged out from all the travel.  We spent all of last week in Texas. The big draw was the eclipse on Monday, but we stayed a few extra days to spend some time with Grad Girl.  I shared one of my photos earlier this week. My Guy used his DSLR and a filter.  Here are some of his shots. 










As you can see in the photos, the cloud cover cleared just before totality, but was back before the eclipse ended.  

As we were on the road all of last week, my stitching time was all hand stitching.  Some mornings I only had time to stitch one full length of thread, but that still met my 15 minutes goal. 

  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Apr = 13/13 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 104/104 days
  • Success rate = 100%
So I'm still at 100%.  We'll see if I can keep it up through Friday when I have surgery.  It's been pretty motivating to see if I can keep the 100% through April.  

How are you doing with working in a bit of stitching time each day? 


1. DonnaleeQ
2. Frédérique
3. Deb in Canada
4. Shelina @ High Road Quilter
5. Quilting Gail
6. Dq at Dreamworthyquilts
7. Bonnie in Va
8. Andrée at Quilting & Learning

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Great pictures. So much fun.

dq said...

So glad you had a good trip with your sweetheart and your grad girl! I can understand why you are tired. Rest up.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your guy got some great photos of the eclipse! So glad you were able to spend some time with Grad Girl, too. Best of luck with your knee surgery - hope the recuperation goes smoothly for you!

Bonnie said...

Oh thanks for sharing hubby's great photos. Here in Va we had a decent amount of eclipse but nothing compares to the total eclipse pictures.

Linda said...

Thinking of you this week as you prep for your surgery!

Julie in GA said...

That's a great sequence of eclipse photos! You have done so well with your days of stitching, even while away from home. I've missed the last 3 days while we are traveling.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, those are such cool pictures. I saw the effects of the eclipse on our back yard as it got dark, very dark and then lighter again. It was very cool! All the best with the surgery. Take care.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds Win Win !! he got some great photos, and you both got to see Grad Girl!!!!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Glad you had an enjoyable trip and snagged some nice pics!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Wow those are some amazing photos, Kate. I am so glad you had a great visit with Grad Girl . I hope you are having an awesome week. Hugs.