Sunday, April 21, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 16 of 2024



I've been a bit scarce on the blogging front this week.  There hasn't been much to post.  I had to stop the anti-inflammatories a week before surgery and it hurt to move without the medication. So other than handwork, there wasn't much stitching stuff going on with me.  Surgery was on Friday. Whatever they gave me during surgery worked till Saturday morning.  When it wore off, my whole lower leg hurts now.  I started the pain medication about noon yesterday.  If you see any errors below, that may be a factor.  

I only made it up to the sewing room one day last week, but I kept up with the handwork the rest of the time. I even managed to get my 15 minutes of stitching time before we left for the hospital on Friday. Of course I couldn't have breakfast or even more of downer, any coffee. I definitely needed something to take my mind off that.   


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Apr = 20/20 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 111/111 days
  • Success rate = 100%

So I've managed to keep my 100% stat for most of April.  The short term goal is see if I can finish April with that metric.  We'll see how that goes.  

How did you do at working in some stitching time this week?  

1. Gretchen
2. Frédérique
3. Julie in GA
4. maggie f
5. Karen
6. Deb in Canada
7. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting
8. DonnaleeQ
9. Quilting Gail
10. Bonnie in Va
11. amanda
12. Dq
13. Andrée

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I hope you can stay on top of the pain, today is a good day for handwork.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your numbers are still very good, well done! I hope that you will feel better soon. Hugs

Julie in GA said...

I'm impressed that you've been able to keep up your 100% record, even with the knee surgery! I hope your recovery goes smoothly and that the pain is under control.

Linda said...

Good luck with the pain - it's never easy. I remember the exact moment my pain meds wore off after foot surgery - 2:30am and it was what I termed a "screaming" pain. I finally gave in and took 1/2 a pain pill, and it worked. I took the other half several hours later, and after that it was tolerable.

maggie fellow said...

surgery and stitching goals met - wow. Hope your recovery is quick

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I missed that you were going to have surgery I didn't think that was going to happen for several more weeks. I hope you will heal quickly

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've been thinking about you these last 24 hours! I remember when I broke my wrist and I had to have surgery - the nerve block wears off about 18 hours later and then it hurts. ;( Hope you've been able to get relief from it now.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Good morning, Kate. I wish you a very speedy recovery and hope the pain and discomfort subside soon. You are having an amazing year on the stitch front. Hugs and Blessings.

MissPat said...

Never having had knee (or hip) surgery, I have no words of wisdom to give you. Take the pain meds when you need them (no need to be a martyr) and sleep when you can. I'm sure you have the motivation to get back to normal and the support of your husband to wait on you when needed.
Pat

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you've done pretty well with your knee surgery. I agree with most of the comments -- don't let the pain get away... keep it under control. I can't remember if this was knee replacement or some other surgery. I do know that you need to do whatever exercises they give you and keep doing. It's a pain but your final outcome will be much better. Congrats on keeping up your stitching.

seabreezequilts said...

Good luck with a speedy recovery, DH has narrowly avoided knee surgery over the last few weeks but I get the feeling it is only a matter of time before he will need it.