The first priority was to get Twinkle Stars sent out for quilting. I did get the backing all cleaned up, pressed and packaged up.
I didn't even get started on the finished quilt top. That's on tap for next weekend. It will take a lot of time to be sure there are no dark threads on the back that will show through that white background. So it's hard to clean up the back and the quilt top all in one weekend.
The other reason for the delay in Twinkle Stars is that Bonnie Hunter revealed the setting for all our Frolic bits and pieces on Friday. Of course I had to stitch up a few blocks to see how my fabrics worked out.
|Frolic: The 2019 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt|
I'm really happy with the final block and setting, though I may change out the black in the sashing strips for that very light blue in the center. But it will be awhile before I get to that point. The blocks aren't hard, but they do take a bit of time to stitch up. I'll finish up all the blocks then make a decision on all those setting details.
That was pretty much all my stitching efforts for the weekend. Linking up with Monday Making and Design Wall Monday.