Sunday, January 12, 2020

Week 2 of 2020: Stitching Stuff

The first full week back at work was challenging. Lots of meetings.  I was ready for the weekend and spending more than 15 minutes playing in the sewing room. Was your first full week of 2020 a bit challenging?  




Being off work for two weeks over the holidays disrupted my typical schedule. It was hard to get back in the groove of working in stitching time in the evening. 

15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
15 minute days/January = 11/11 days
15 minute days/2020 = 11/11 days
Success rate = 100%

I did find my 15 minutes each evening, though not much more than that.  It was just a nutty week with stuff going on after work most evenings.  I'm hoping next week is calmer. Yesterday was nice. It snowed after a bit of freezing rain overnight. It was a good day to stay in and stitch while watching at the white stuff fall.





So how did your stitchy week work out?  


1. Marti
2. karen
3. Julie in GA
4. Chrisknits
5. Mary-Kay
6. Shasta @ High Road Quilter
7. Loulee (Manxgirl)
8. Meloney
9. katie z.
10. Amanda
11. Rachel
12. Another Stitching Nana
13. Quilting Gail
14. Deana
15. Christina's Handicrafts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

Marti said...

It's always hard for me to get used to a new routine. My week was interrupted with doctor appointments which seem to take a good part of the day. I hope this week is better for you. Pretty snow!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yesterday I kept watching for snowflakes as we have had very little - but nothing - a little sleet and then it moved out of the area!

Quilter Kathy said...

It was an insane week at work... crazy busy and we are doing renovations and everything is disorganized.
Truly... quilting keeps me sane!

loulee said...

I did it! I'm amazed at myself and just how much time I found.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I was off for two weeks as well, so I fully understand having to adjust to going back to work full time after the time off. Definitely not easy. I was still in vacation mode, despite the work, so I continued to get the stitching done.

seabreezequilts said...

First day back at work today and I am dead tired. Hubby suggested we go out for tea tonight, sounds like a plan to me.

Denise :) said...

I am really struggling with the after work commitments during the week; it's so late when I get home, it's hard to get 15 minutes of anything in. Especially since I'm up so early on weekday mornings. I like seeing your 11/11!! Way to go! I'm striving!! :)

Denise :) said...

Ps ... I am SO jealous of your snow! We're dealing with thunderstorms and tornadoes! Bleh! :)

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's summer school holidays here in Australia, so sewing time is very limited. Love your picture of snow on the red leaves. Stunning!

Jennifer said...

I had a pretty good week for stitching, but boy it was hard to go back to work!

Susan said...

I did the sewing. I did the record keeping. I made the post. And then I forgot to link it! =P But, it was a good week. Not as many finishes as yours, though! Great job on Twinkle Stars - it really is twinkly, too. I like your Winter QAL. I have two rows left to do on Monday, and my top will be finished. Yay! It doesn't look like anyone else's, though. LOL Congratulations on all that good sewing time. I really like your photo of the snow on the red leaves.