Sunday, January 5, 2020

Week 1 of 2020: Stitching Stuff

We are five days into 2020 already.  Our new year has been pretty low key, thankfully no repeat drama like we had at Christmas.  It's been back to work and getting back to a routine stitching schedule.  My routine is to head to the sewing room at about 7 PM each work day evening and then stitch for about an hour. On the weekends, it's housework in the mornings, then an afternoon of stitching.  If life gets hectic, then I work hard to find at least 15 minutes of stitching time whenever it will fit.  



Before I get to how this 2020 is going on the stitching front, here's the final numbers from 2019.  I want to end 2019 on 12/31 and start 2020 metrics with 1/1/2020. 

15 minute days/week =  3/3 days
15 minute days/December  = 30/31 days
15 minute days/2019 = 332/365 days
Success rate  = 90. 96%

So 2019 was a pretty good year in terms of finding time to stitch. I met my goal of stitching more than 90% of the time. So far 2020 has been pretty good too. 

15 minute days/week = 4/4 days
15 minute days/January = 4/4 days
15 minute days/2020 = 4/4 days
Success rate = 100%

So a strong finish for 2019 and a good start for 2020. How are doing at finding time to stitch in the new year? 



1. Marti
2. karen
3. Chrisknits
4. Julie in GA
5. Meloney
6. Another Stitching Nana
7. maggie f
8. Shasta @ High Road Quilter
9. di
10. katie z.
11. Deana
12. Loulee (Manxgirl)
13. Rachel
14. Amanda
15. DawnyK
16. Quilting & Learning - What a Combo!
17. Quilting Gail
18. Jennifer in Indy
19. Christina's Handicrafts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

loulee said...

I like the idea of 15 mins day, easily doable for me in the mornings. But making no promises.

Marti said...

You did great in 2019. I started 2019 strong but found that even missing one or two days made the percentage fall off, and when the summer heat hit, that was the end of it for me. I hope to do better this year. Hubby has promised insulation and real walls. yippee.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I keep track of my quilting at the hand quilting frame and I am succeeding in daily time

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love to read about the math behind the stitching time and you did so well in 2019, Kate. Despite having a busy life as well. You will enjoy the retired life like I do when stitching can take up many more minutes of the day. A most happy 2020 to you!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow 91% of stitching time is superb! Congratulations! You're off to a strong start for 2020.

dq said...

Kate, your 2019 statistics are amazing! I am hoping for 85% this year.

chrisknits said...

So far 100%! LOL But ask me after this month and we'll see. A few trips out of town, again!, and lots of activities might mean knitting or cross-stitch have too be my stitching.

seabreezequilts said...

Sign me up for the challenge again. I have another week home to get lots of stitching done then its no more holidays for a while for me.

DawnyK said...

Congratulations on your 2019 statistics! Looking forward to stitching and linking up in 2020.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Congrats on your stats. I won't be keeping count but I certainly average over 15 minutes a day over time :-)

Jennifer said...

I linked up my 2019 year in review with my stats at the end. So far 2020 is 100%! I have a work call tonight, but am going to get in a few minutes before it starts.