Saturday, January 5, 2019

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2019 - A New Project

It's the first Saturday in the new year, which means it's time for new project for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.





Angela's color for January is red.  So I pulled out my red scraps and got to cutting. This is what I ended up with.



These are all from my scrap bins. So what  are they going to become?



It's a paper pieced block, one of Bonnie Hunter's patterns, Wild and Goosey.  Black will be the constant, used as the "wings" for the geese.  That block is only 3" finished, so this may end up being a multi year project as the blocks are  fiddly and they are slow to make.  But I've had Wild and Goosey on my quilt plan for the last two or three years, it was time it became a real project.  I think the final quilt will be well worth all the effort.  

Linking up with Soscrappy for the first 2019 Rainbow Scrap Challenge Linky Party.  And I'll be linking up with Oh Scrap on Sunday.  

24 comments:

Libby in TN said...

It does look fiddly, especially at that scale, but I know you can do it!

scraphappy said...

It may be fiddly, but it will use up so many tiny little bits of loveliness. Looking forward to seeing this one come together.

Susie H said...

Looks like a good start to 2019!

Deb A said...

Great way to use up scraps and such a pretty block and quilt you will be making.

Barbara said...

Oh yay! A new project. It’s like falling in love, isn’t it? I love what you’ve done so far. Red, black, and white is my fave color combo.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like the Wild and Goosey pattern! This looks like one of those to make a few pieces here and there in between bigger projects and eventually you'll have enough. Have fun!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I've done 'goosey' a couple of times now - fun pattern and great use of scraps. Your reds are real poppers.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh how fun! I'll be watching and cheering you on through your wild and goosey adventure!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh yes!! I love the look of this one - and it will be so cool to see it come together!! GO!!

Janice Holton said...

Will this be a leader ender project for you? Or just a regular one?

dq said...

It is looking fabulous! I love those reds! I also love that we can make beautiful things from our stash.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Red is such a pretty bright cheerful color--so even though they are small pieces, seeing the red should make the blocks go faster and easier!!!
luv, di

Quilting Gail said...

Wild & Goosey - What a great idea! It will look wonderful when it's done!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Marti said...

Great name for it! It does look difficult. You have a good collection of reds in your scrap bin. I had trouble coming up with enough in mine.

thea said...

Looking forward to seeing these blocks.

Katie Z. said...

Wild and Goosey is going to be a wonderful quilt. Good luck!

Angie in SoCal said...

Looks like fun. Are you using Bonnie's tips on making this block? She makes it fast and accurate.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Yes! Sound like fun and a great scrap buster!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty start, and this Wild and Goosey quit is going to be fun in rainbow colors!

Jayne said...

There is nothing like tiny blocks! Your blocks are going to be amazing, tedious, but amazing!

chrisknits said...

Wild and Goosey is on my to do list too. Will be interesting to watch yours evolve.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Looks like a great start to a beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

gayle said...

Oh, that's a great idea! a gorgeous way to use up those little bits!
I've had Wild and Goosey on my "someday" list for ages - I'll enjoy watching you make yours!

Jennifer said...

That’s a great block for RSC!