Sunday, January 27, 2019

Week 4 of 2019: Stashing and Stitching

I'm ready for a day of rest, it's been a busy weekend.  We made the trek west to see the Scientist in Training on Friday.  We had a nice visit, thankfully it warmed up enough so it wasn't miserable being outside, so we got in a lot of walking around campus.  It was a challenge to get in my 15 minutes of stitching time, but I pulled it off, barely.  How did you do at working in some stitching time each day?



I had a pretty good week on the stitching front. 
15 minutes stitching days/week = 7/7 days
15 minutes stitching days/Jan = 24/26 days
15 minutes stitching days/2019 = 24/26 days
Success Rate = 92.31%

I'm back to over 90% on finding time to stitch for the year. Hopefully I can maintain that from here on out. 

The stash report didn't fare as well.  I took advantage of the trip to see the SIT to check out the local quilt store.  My Guy has finally agreed after 13 years that it's time for a new quilt for our bed.  He's approved the design, but I didn't have the fabrics in the stash for this one.  Since I'll probably live with the next one for another 13 years, I'm not "making do".  The plan calls for a fade from light to dark, in cool colors.  This is what I came home with. 



Here's the black and white version.



I think this set is going to work out really well.  Now to do some playing in EQ to work out which colors go where.  

Fabric out this week = 2.79 yards
Fabric out in 2019 = 7.57 yards
More in than out for 2019

I still need the background fabric for this project, the plan is for a very dark blue or a black batik.  That will be another 7 yards in when I find it. Hopefully I'll have a few more borders on and backings pieced before that happens.  I'd like to end the year at least neutral on the stash.  Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for the weekly stash report. 

That's how my stitching week went.  How did your's go?  



1. Julie in GA
2. Mary-Kay
3. Chrisknits
4. Meloney
5. Marti
6. di
7. MaryR @ urbanquilter
8. Angie
9. Amanda
10. Shasta
11. Deana
12. Christina's Handicrafts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

13 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Gorgeous fabrics! I can't wait to see what you have planned for them!

Barbara said...

Your fabrics are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Gorgeous fabrics that are going to make a super quilt. I look forward to watching you play with these.

chrisknits said...

That's me and yarn right now! I have bought a third of what I bought all last year in just 4 weeks! And almost twice what I've been able to knit up this month, so I am starting in a hole there. But it will be a beautiful quilt, so you deserve it!

Sandra Walker said...

Absolutely LOVE your fabric pull for the new quilt, and I'm very curious to see what you are going to make!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Excellent colorway for your new quilt!

I can't do a daily stitching but I try to make up for it on the weekends ~

Marti said...

Those are gorgeous fabrics. I hope you show your EQ designs - I like to see the process. Congratulations on maintaining your stitching goal too!

Angie in SoCal said...

Really like those fabrics. Looking forward to seeing it materialize.

seabreezequilts said...

Nice colours. My husband hates quilts on the bed we have a doona, he sometimes lets me put my big appliqué quilt on there but only in the dead of winter.

dq said...

Your new 13 year bed quilt will be stunning in those colors no matter what the pattern! I loved seeing the contrast in black and white. That is a great idea.

Alison V. said...

Those are absolutely beautiful colors for your new bed quilt! I can't wait to see what designs you come up with.

Emily said...

Oooooh, I love those fabrics and those colors!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Those are great fabrics and well worth the investment for a bed quilt!