Sunday, January 20, 2019

Week 3 of 2019: Stitching and De-Stashing

We didn't get any of the snow or ice, but we did get the bitter cold and the the high winds with the weather system that came through on Friday.  Perfect weather to just hang out in the sewing room and tick off day seven of finding at least 15 minutes to stitch this week.  



Finding those 15 minutes each evening was easier this week than it was last week.  

15 minutes stitching days/week = 7/7 days
15 minutes stitching days/Jan = 17/19 days
15 minutes stitching days/2019 = 17/19 days
Success rate = 89.74%

My target success rate is 90% for the year, I'm back on track to make that for January.   How are you doing on finding time to stitch?  You can link up at the bottom of the post to share how your week went. 

Since most of my stitching time was devoted to prepping Inverted Star, there wasn't any action over at the sewing machine, so my fabric out for the year hasn't changed any.  

Fabric out this week = 0 yards
Fabric out in 2019 = 4.78 yards

Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for the weekly stash report.

There should be a bit more stash going out next week as the plan for today is to get started on piecing the backing for the Christmas Mystery quilt.  That project needed one last detail added before it was actually finished.  My Guy didn't like the blank face on the nutcracker.  That's been remedied.  



I found a coloring page on line and combined the faces from two different nutcrackers to create one that fit the space better.  I'm pretty happy with how that turned out.  Linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday.  

So how did you do at fitting in those 15 minutes of stitching time each day? After you link up, please try to visit at least one of the other participants and cheer them on in their stitching efforts. 



1. Shasta
2. Chrisknits
3. maggie f
4. Meloney
5. Marti
6. Julie in GA
7. di
8. Started another
9. Angie
10. DesertSky Quilting
11. Deana
12. Amanda
13. Christina's Handicrafts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

16 comments:

CathieJ said...

I really like the face on your nutcracker. I like the idea of trying to stitch 15 minutes each day. We aren't getting any of the snow either, but the bitter cold is holding off until tomorrow. I am so glad that I have tomorrow off. I can stay inside all day.

The Cozy Quilter said...

We had snow all day yesterday and it is still very cold today. It’s a good weekend to hibernate inside and do inside jobs and sew. Perfect face for your nutcracker! When I think back on the week, I think I sewed for some time every day.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It rained yesterday but turned to snow last night so we have plenty of the white stuff today. I really like the face on the nutcracker as well.

Sarah said...

No snow here in the south of England but plenty up north! Nice face you have sewn there - definitely makes all the difference!

Donna said...

Great face. With all the quilts going out for quilting you're going to have a good usage year.

Deb A said...

Sew pretty! I did pretty good with hand stitching this week - car line is a good one for me getting my 20 minutes in a day working on my hexagons.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like the perfect face for your nutcracker! Enjoy your stitching time today!

Marti said...

Good stitching this week! I like your nutcracker face too. I think it will add a lot to your quilt. No snow here but the wind! Oh my!

Julie in GA said...

Good job at getting in your 15 minutes every day last week. Prepping a quilt to send it out isn't very exciting, but it will be so wonderful when you get it back!

chrisknits said...

The snow didn't hit here until Sunday afternoon, but the blowing and squalling wind was fierce most of the evening. So glad I was in the house, warm and cozy!

Angie in SoCal said...

Clever idea for the nutcracker. I'm sewing hexies today -the ongoing slow stitching around here.

Jennifer said...

Your nutcracker looks great! I did better this week at finding crafty time - and had lots of quality time over the weekend since we did get ice and snow - I haven’t left the house since getting home Friday night! That made for some good sewing time!

Quilter Kathy said...

Perfect nutcracker face... great job!

Susan said...

Woohoo! A good week for you, too!

dq said...

Your nutcracker's face is perfect. I loved hearing your story of putting two coloring book patterns together to do it. He is adorable!

seabreezequilts said...

I'm pretty happy with my time spent for the Stitching though my elbow has been pretty sore. My Facebook feed is full of US girls complaining about the cold and Aussie girls complaining about the heat.