Monday, October 10, 2016

Weekend Stitching: Butterfly Borders

It was such a pretty weekend here, but there's something in the air that's playing havoc with my sinuses.  I'm not doing too badly, but it's hit Drama Teen pretty hard.  Staying indoors and stitching was definitely wise on my part.  Drama Teen followed suit, but she was working on college applications most of the afternoon.  

The label is made for Allietare and the binding is almost stitched together.  Hopefully I'll get that attached to the front sometime this week and get going on doing the hand stitching it to the back.  Trudy made quick work of the Zombie quilt and it's back ready to be finished.  Maybe I'll actually manage to get in two finishes this month.  

Blooms and Butterflies is moving along. The second border is attached and all the square in a square blocks for the third border are all finished.  But I still need 8 butterfly blocks before the third border is ready for assembly.    


 Blooms and Butterflies
Bloom block by Lea Brummett, setting by Kate

I'm really happy with how this one is coming together.  No firm plans for this project.  But as much as I like it, it's likely to become my new recliner quilt.  We'll see.  

Linking up with:

Main Crush Monday
Monday Making
Design Wall Monday

14 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I love the butterfly border. The smaller scale of the butterflies balances out the larger flower pots, but it needed the little squares to keep them from looking insignificant.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

That is a great border and I love the quilt overall. So cute!

Kathy S. said...

What a cute quilt!

Barbara said...

So cute. Love what you've done with the border.

Katie Z. said...

I love it!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I think it will make the perfect recliner quilt!! It's so happy looking, and will certainly make you smile on those cold blustery winter days. :) I used a SIAS ruler for the first time over the weekend...made quick work of trimming. I love the borders on this quilt! Thanks for linking to MCM.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love your version of the Bloom quilt - so bright and cheerful.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

It's coming along nicely! I really like the butterfly blocks alternating with the square blocks in the border.

margaret said...

beautiful

Cheryl said...

Your bloom quilt is fresh and fun, I really like the butterfly border.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Arg! Your border couldn't be any cuter than this!!!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

The butterfly border is so pretty!

-Soma

Laura said...

Cute quilt! I love the red, white and blue!

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

I love your color choices for your Allietare
I didn't do her mystery last year. Maybe this year. The purple zombie is cute. It is feeling so cool today and will get cold by morning. Love it