Sunday, October 2, 2016

Stash Report for Week 40 of 2016

What a difference a week makes.  After a week on steroids and changes to how I use my lap top computer at home, the shoulder pain is gone.  Now I just have to be smarter about my computer time to keep the pain from coming back.

Being pain free made for a good week in the sewing room.  I managed to get in at least 15 minutes each day last week.  

Days with 15 minutes of stitching time this week:  7 out of 7 days
Days in September:  22 out of 30 days
Days in 2016:  216 out of 275

You'd think with all the sewing time there would be a lot going out this week.  Since I'm back working on blocks and not backings or borders, it's dribbles and drabs out this week.

Used last week:  0.66 yards
Used year to date:  47.60 yards
Added this week:  6 yards
Added year to date:  46.09 yards
Net used in 2016:  1.51 yards

I let my fingers do some walking on the Connecting Threads site a bit ago and these pieces from their Enchantment line showed up this week. 


I really like the teal and black piece on the top.  Both of these are very nice blenders which the stash is still a bit short on.  I'm still in the black so no harm done.  No plans for either of these at the moment, though I do have some vague plans for a black and white quilt to be made sometime in the future.  However 2016 and 2017 are the year of the graduation quilts.  No new bucket list items till those four quilts are done.  

You can find more stash reports over at Patchwork Times.

8 comments:

Charlene S said...

I know the feeling - I sew and sew but don't use much fabric until one day it adds up! Those fabrics are lovely.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Great stash report....and congrats on the 15 minutes a day!! Soooo glad you are feeling better. (Pain is exhausting)

Heidi said...

Yay! You have answered that question for me! So glad you figured the cause of grief!

Denise :) said...

You had a terrific week! I'm *SO* glad you've finally got some good relief from your shoulder pain! That was worrisome. That new fabric you just added to your stash is really quite yummy! :)

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, what pretty fabrics! And you're doing great.

Jennifer said...

Glad you are feeling better. The fabric you added look like perfect blenders, and that's the perfect kind to stash :)

Dar said...

Great news about your shoulder pain being gone. Whoppee. Nice addition to the stash with those blenders too. I know the feeling about little bits of blocks and piecing doesn't add up to big numbers, YET, but they will.

Kalicocreations said...

I am glad I didn't see that line when I was letting my fingers walk through Connectingthreads, I would have been in trouble :) I am glad to hear you are on the mend.