Saturday, October 1, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: From Shades of Gray to Really Red

As usual, I'm ready for the weekend.  The neck and shoulder issues have faded.  I've been free to enjoy the gorgeous autumn temps and beautiful blue skies.  There's just something about the light this time of year, it just makes everything look all golden and shimmery.  Though my sinuses haven't been thrilled with the time of year.  I'm enjoying fall via the windows, all of us are just happier that way. 

I'm still behind on my project for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  The second gray dress from August is done and up on the design wall. 


Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell

Another favorite!  I'm really happy with how this one turned out.  It went pretty fast, this is probably the simplest dress in the set of 4. Both gray dresses are finally done. 


Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell
Both would be nice additions to anyone's closet.  These dresses have been such fun to make this year.  Though the complexity has made it hard to catch up.  Now that I'm done with August's blocks, it's already time for October's blocks.  It's a good thing that Angela is given us some time to catch up at the end of the year.  

The dress patterns and fabrics for September's red blocks have been selected. 


Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell
I should have some fun red dresses to add to the collection in a couple of weeks.  I'm looking forward to checking out what color we'll be using for October.  

Today we are headed to Tulsa to celebrate My Guy's birthday.  



Happy birthday My Guy!  

Linking up with Angela over at Soscrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and with Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.

21 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Glad you are feeling better. I've had a couple of bad allergy days, so I understand about staying inside! Those dresses are lovely. The left one is good for every day use and the right one for going out in the evening. You'll need a shawl though! Happy birthday to your guy!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful dresses as always. Some of those pieces in the block are tiny!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

More very pretty dresses - love the red choices. Happy Birthday MG

Libby in TN said...

Handsome dude! Enjoy your day.

scraphappy said...

Love the soft and sophisticated shades of grey. I would be happy to wear either of those dresses. Have a great birthday celebration!

Karen said...

The dresses are adorable.

Julie in GA said...

Your grey dresses are beautiful, and I can't wait to see the red ones. Great fabric choices!

Julie in GA said...

Your grey dresses are beautiful, and I can't wait to see the red ones. Great fabric choices!

Katie Z. said...

Those are some lovely, elegant dresses! I'm so glad the shoulder is finally healing so you can have more fun.

Marly said...

Super sophisticated dresses. I'm looking forward to your cat-walk presentation!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, your gray dresses are gorgeous! I love the stripes and the yellow belt! That is going to be a very neat quilt! Glad to hear your shoulder is doing better.

Alison V. said...

These continue to impress! :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Pieces!! (And Kate, both GRAY dresses turned out beautifully.)

Cathy said...

Those gray dresses are to die for! Can't wait to see the red ones! And Happy Birthday to your DH, too.

LA Paylor said...

you should wear a dress like your paper ones for the birthday celebration

PaulaB quilts said...

All of your dresses have been stunning. The greys are just as lovely, nice touch with the yellow belt. Leanna is right, you should have a knockout dress to celebrate with your guy. Have a fun trip to Tulsa.

Jo said...

Love your dress blocks. They are such fun...

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Happy birthday celebrations. My guy is suffering this week with the ol allergies. UGH! Sooo glad you are feeling better. I continue to adore your dresses. :) :)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

With every new dress you share, it is getting harder and harder to refrain from starting some dresses of my own. I love them! Thanks for for with Oh Scrap!

Deb A said...

Love these dresses. Wish I had one of those in my closet! Happy birthday to your guy. Glad you are on the mend and able to enjoy the fall weather.

Kalicocreations said...

The dresses are very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing the quilt finished. Birthday wishes to your guy and I am glad to hear your shoulder is feeling better.
Terry