Sunday, October 16, 2016

Slow Stitching and a Stash Report

It's been a slow and relaxing weekend.  On Saturday we attended the Tulsa Food Truck Festival.  That was a new experience.  Drama Teen and both ordered pork rib mac and cheese from the Mr. Nice Guys truck. 



It was yummy.  There's a lot of food there, neither of us finished our portions. 

There was some time for some slow stitching before we left and after we got home.  




I should turn the second corner on the binding for Allietare this afternoon.  I love the striped backing and Trudy's quilting looks as good on back as it does on the front.  Getting this project to finished quilt is this month's One Monthly Goal.  It's looking pretty promising that I'll make this month's commitment.  

This week's outgoing stash includes the binding.  Which is a good thing or I'd not have very much in the outgoing column. 

Used last week: 0.82 yards
Used year to date: 49.22 yards
Added year to date:  46.09 yards
Net used in 2016:  3.13 yards

In spite of a busy week and a one night with a nasty headache, I did manage to get into the sewing room every day this week. 

Days in the sewing room this week:  7 out of 7 days
Days in October:  15 out of 15 days
Days in 2016:  230 out of 289 days

After a bit of laundry this morning, I'll head back to the sewing room this afternoon.  Hopefully to make some more headway on that binding.  

Linking up Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday and with Patchwork Times for the Stash Report.  

16 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That food looks delicious...enjoy your stitching today.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That does look delicious! Ooh, a finished quilt coming up!

Denise :) said...

So glad you had a good week!! You're really on top of those sewing room days this month -- that'll make stash reports look good!! :)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Doing the handwork on binding is my favorite Slow Sunday Stitching. Visiting from the linky.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I also love doing the hand stitching on the binding. Looks like you will finish your quilt well before the end of the month! Sounds like a fun weekend!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

A food ruck festival...how fun!! Like you, I love my binding too. I was eye spying the quilting too and love the start pattern Trudy used.

Barbara said...

Oooooh...a food truck festival sounds like my kind of event. I think i'd have a hard time choosing. Can't wait to see your finished quilt. I love that striped backing.

CathieJ said...

I love that striped backing fabric. Your quilting is quite pretty. Food truck festivals are always fun. So difficult to choose.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The food looks interesting. How great to have your OMG finished several weeks ahead of time! Blessings, Gretchen

Gretchen Weaver said...

The food looks interesting. How great to have your OMG finished several weeks ahead of time! Blessings, Gretchen

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Yummmmmmmmmmm and congrats on the almost already finish.

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, I like food trucks! Good luck with the binding. You're so close to another finish!

thea said...

That food looks great. Food trucks have changed ...

Good luck finishing up Allietare.

AnnieO said...

Food trucks are very popular here--though my favorite food truck has a stand alone restaurant I can't get enough of--fish tacos, yum! Hope you get that binding done soon so you can enjoy the finish, and the stash use.

Bonnie said...

ai've never noticed you are tracking your days in the sewing room. Boy, that should help motivate you! I've fallen down on the fabric usage tracking. I've been buying fabric like crazy and not getting all that much finished. I'm hoping to get back on track with reporting it soon!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are doing so well with your UFO finishing this month!