Saturday, October 15, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Really Red this Week

It was one of those weeks at work.  Due to some personnel changes in the office, it seems I'm now one of the "go to" people.  I've had more people in my office the last week than I've had for the previous 6 months.   The week certainly went fast.  I was very glad to reach Friday evening.  Sanity sewing was very necessary last night.  

It was a good night for stitching.  The second red Vintage Dress block is finished. 


 Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell

I love the color combinations, but this one didn't go together as smoothly as some of the other dresses did. I may try to fix a couple of the seams.  It's not as noticeable when you put it up with the other dresses, so I'll wait till quilt assembly before deciding to rip and restitch.  

Here's both dresses using September's color.  



Very bright and fun.  The red and black is really striking, but I like the red, white and blue one just a tad better.  

These two blocks bring the total to 18.  Here's the whole set to date. 



Plans are to add a white border around the blocks to bring them up to a consistent size, then frame each block with the same color as the dress and sash them together.   But before I can get to that point, I need to make my two yellow dresses for this month.  Maybe I'll finally get caught up this month.  

Have a great weekend.  Linking up with SoScrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap.   



26 comments:

Grandma said...

Your dresses are so pretty, they make me want to learn paper piecing. It will be an awesome quilt!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Both of them are just striking and it's been fun to see the various dresses appear throughout the year.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, I love seeing them all together - what a super quilt this is going to be.

Paige said...

I try to pick a favorite and I just can't! They are all so cute!

LA Paylor said...

I'd wear the one on the right to the company picnic. And the one on the left to go shopping in town, then get my hair "did"

gayle said...

Oh, they're even more adorable all grouped together! I love each and every one of them!

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh, Kate. Seeing them all together like that. Well. This is just going to be the cutest quilt ever. It makes me want to do paper-piecing!

Julie in GA said...

It's so wonderful to see all of your blocks up together--they are going to make an amazing quilt! I don't think I can pick a favorite; they are all too cute!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You have really stuck with the program--and you have done a wonderful job on all those dresses--I have 3-4 more patterns all ready to make some more applique dresses--but ---????? will get to them one of these days--but now am working on some Christmas gifts--
love and laughter, di

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, they're fabulous! You've done such a great job.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your photo of the dresses all together! They remind me of playing with paper dolls at my grandma's house growing up. So fun!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I like your sashing plan. Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt!

Cathy said...

I completely understand the need for sanity sewing after a crazy week at work so I can sympathize!

Those dresses are just darling! Your choice of fabrics is wonderful. Wouldn't it be fun to have a closet full of dresses like those and the waistline to fit into them?

Cathy said...

Your dresses quilt will be stunning! It sure represents a lot of work. Great accomplishment, Kate!

PaulaB quilts said...

The red is stunning, and thanks for showing us the entire set. They are all so different and stylish. Those were the days!

Pamela Arbour said...

Just love those dresses. I admire your paper piecing skills and patience! You have done a great job.

Jayne said...

These are just the best eye candy to look at! Adorable, cute and amazing! I love the red and black, but frankly...they are all perfect!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Look how adorable they all look together!! Have you decided what you are going to do with this quilt once it's done???

Kalicocreations said...

Your dresses are so fun! I agree with you with the red dresses, although the red and black is beautiful, I like the flower fabric of the red, white and blue dress. Hope next week is better, being the go to person sure slows down your own work output.
Terry

Turid said...

I really love all your dresses. I've been consentrating on my hexies the last weeks, and have done nothing with my sewing machine.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Thanks so much for sharing all your dresses. It is so hard to pick a favorite! I have really enjoyed see this project evolve. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Emily said...

These dresses are absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see your finished project!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

I've been so looking oforward to seeing these sweet dresses all together! Wonderful!

Karen's Korner said...

Such a pretty "wardrobe" of dresses.

Cut&Alter said...

Oh my Kate - these are all just stunning. I hadn't seen them all together before - wow!! You are going to have a stunning quilt. It makes me think about what block I could chose to play along with RSC in 2017 ....

Rachel said...

Very pretty! Love seeing all the dresses together. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. It's going to be great!