Monday, October 17, 2016

Weekend Stitching: Blocks and Butterflies

Definitely not ready for Monday.   Thankfully this is a short week.  Fall break starts on Thursday and we are taking off work.  I'm hopeful of getting in some good stitching time at least one day of our long weekend.  Thursday is errands (cars to the shop, send in our paperwork for passports, etc).  Other than that, I'm not sure what's on the agenda.  So I just have to get through Wednesday!

Not much stitching happened on Saturday, but that changed on Sunday.  Not that you can see much has changed on the design wall.  I've got a good start on the second set of Economy blocks for Bejeweled.



Just two more of the pinky/purply blocks and I'll be half way done with that set of blocks.  

I've also finished a couple of more butterflies for the Blooms and Butterflies border.


Bloom block by Lea Brummett, setting by Kate

The third border needs 22 butterflies, so there are still 7 left to make.  Three of those seven butterflies are sitting over at the machine in various stages of assembly.  Those should get finished this week.  I need to cut more of the blue polka dot background pieces before the last four can be started.  

I'm working on stitching down the binding down on Allitare. 



I've turned the second corner.  There should be a finish to show off next week.  

Linking up with
Monday Making
Design Wall Monday

9 comments:

Julie in GA said...

You sure had a productive weekend! Your butterfly blocks are so cute, and I love the colors you are using for Bejeweled. Can't wait to see Allietare all finished up!

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

To me it look like you accomplished a bunch. Are you getting passports because of our state failing to pass the ID law?

Nann said...

I scrolled back to see the plan for Bejeweled. Your colorway is great! And I really like your version of Allietare. Congratulations on the progress on so many projects. Enjoy the autumn break.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

A three day weekend to look forward to...that will have personal errands done too.....you can do it!!! Passports? What adventure to you have planned? Hubs and I trying to decide on one ourselves for next summer. :)

Kevin the Quilter said...

Progress is progress, right? Have fun on your fall break, and you KNOW I can't wait to see your Alliatare!

Katie Z. said...

What great progress! I think I should make economy blocks for a scrappy project sometime. Yours are so beautiful. (And I'm curious about the passports too. I hadn't considered the ID rules for OK!)

Laura said...

Good for you on Allietare! Mine is still hanging in the closet, unquilted.

Kalicocreations said...

Looks like you are making great progress! I am looking forward to seeing Allietare finished. Sounds like you have some fun planned in the future.
Terry

beth s said...

Those butterflies are so sweet!!