Wednesday, June 1, 2016

One Monthly Goal for June 2016

Hard to believe it's June already.  We've had such a cool and wet spring here in Oklahoma it doesn't seem possible that summer is just about here.   Drama Teen is off in Florida for a mini writing workshop and to hang out with her friends she met in an online class through Duke University.  It's been really quiet not having her around.  Though I do seem to have more time to spend in the sewing room.  I'm sure by next weekend I'll be more than ready for her to be back home.  

Since it's the first of June, so it's time to pick another project as my One Monthly Goal.  




Heidi over at Red Letter Quilts is the hostess for this monthly challenge.  The idea is to pick just one thing to get done during the month.  It can be anything, it doesn't have to be a finish.  That is perfect for me because I can rarely finish anything in a month.  

I've gone back and forth the last couple of days over what I should put as my goal.  The Midnight Mystery quilt needs binding, but Allietare is ready to be prepped for quilting.  The last borders were added on Monday. 


 Allietare,  Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt


The backing fabric has been washed, but not pressed.  Allietare needs to be pressed and cleaned up before it can be sent out for quilting.  I don't mind making backings, but the prepping for quilting is way down the list of preferred activities.  So that will be my OMG for June, to get Allietare packaged up and out the door to Trudy for quilting.  That way I won't put it off, which tends to happen if there's not a deadline for a given quilt.  

In addition to linking up on the June OMG post at Red Letter Quilts, I'm also linking up with:

Let's Bee Social over at Sew Fresh Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday over at My Quilt Infatuation

12 comments:

Angie said...

Your Allietare is so striking! Wonderful color choices...looking forward to seeing it quilted.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is so beautiful. I like to hear you prep your quilt for your long armer. We had a special program for our guild by several long armers - Prepping your quilt and Why - I think (I hope) it opened some eyes. I quilt baby and lap size on my home machine occassionally for others and they never prep, which means I have to.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a good goal... something doable, and something that you might procrastinate because it's not fun. Your blue Allietare is gorgeous!

Lara B. said...

Kate your rendition of Allietare is a stunner! Your long arm quilter is sure to appreciate that you prep your quilt top too!

Susan said...

I do like the colors in your Bonnie quilt. It will be nice to have it quilted!

Rachel said...

I like your bold colors and the blue setting triangles. Good luck with your goal!

Cut&Alter said...

Oh you must get it done - I couldn't wait and would want to get this little beauty packaged off straight away!

Julie in GA said...

Your Allietare looks so different than all the scrappy ones. I love how striking it is with your fabric choices. Great job--can't wait to see it quilted!

Bonnie said...

Thank you for being a top prepper! In my very small business I get quilts in all sorts disarray. I feel badly for folks who leave black threads or pulled from fabric that show up through the light sections. I try to trim as I go but I can't do it all. It surprised me once when I mentioned it to a gal and she never thought of it. Allietare is wonderful. I am looking forward to see the magic of quilting added to it.

mangozz said...

Love your version of Allietare. It would make an awesome QOV!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Alletaire is beautiful in red, white and blues! It will be ready to celebrate July 4 th!

KaHolly said...

And what a great goal! I'm right there with you about prepping quilts for the long armer!