Monday, September 19, 2016

Weekend Stitching: Zombies in Paris Ready for Next Step

Not much happened in the sewing room on Saturday.  We attended the company picnic for most of the day, then napped the rest to recover from the fall pollen.  I love autumn weather, but my allergies certainly don't.  

Sunday turned out to be a good day for stitching.  The backing for the Zombies in Paris was finally finished. 




The back uses up two of the fabrics that didn't get used on the front.  I like the large panels.  It was a little more work to piece, but if DT's friend decides she wants to present a less silly side to the world, then she can use this side.  Just for reference, here's the front. 




Hopefully she'll like both sides.  Now all that's left is to press both the top and backing, as well as clean up any loose threads.  I probably won't get that done till next weekend. Still it's nice to have this one just about ready for quilting.  

Linking up with:
Main Crush Monday
Monday Making
Design Wall Monday

7 comments:

Denise :) said...

I do LOVE this! I'm sure she will, too -- it's such fun!! :)

Barbara said...

This quilt makes me smile every time I see it. It's going to be well-loved.

Katie Z. said...

Yay! The backing is lovely too.

Bonnie said...

Nearly done now! The back is great -- lots of Paris in it!

Marti said...

I think she will love it. It won't take long now to get it ready to send out. What's next?

Cut&Alter said...

Both sides are lovely - she's going to be very lucky!

Kate said...

Whoa - I can't believe Zombies is done already! Well, to the quilter's, but that nearly counts. Great backing!