Saturday, September 14, 2024

Week 124 Photo Challenge: Kiss

This week's photo challenge was harder than last week's. Last week both My Guy and I were scratching our heads, this week's definitely had us racking our brains.  




To be honest, I completely forgot about getting a challenge photo till My Guy got home from work last night. He asked if I had a photo.  I'd been so focused on other things that I had completely forgotten.  So I scrounged around trying to find subject matter.  I found two "subjects".  One was too close to what My Guy had submitted, so I went with my #2 option. 


Kate: You May Kiss the Bride

I was going for dreamy with the slightly out of focus on the bride and groom, not sure it worked that well.  Yes this is from our wedding, my bouquet was all yellow roses, which is why the photo is in that frame.  Probably not one of my better efforts, but I did find something for the challenge.  

My Guy had taken other photos, but he didn't take this photo till after he got home last night.  


My Guy: Kiss A Few Frogs


He's mixing toys here, Legos with frog croakers (you rub a stick down the frog's back and it sounds like spring peepers).  I didn't realize what he was photographing. My other option was a Lego bride and groom kissing in front of a Lego city hall.  Maybe I should have used that one and we could have written our own fairy tale? 

Queenie came to Grad Girl's rescue again this week. 


Grad Girl: Kitty Kiss


Queenie isn't a cuddle cat, so I'm sure Grad Girl paid for that head kiss.  Queenie probably took off for her window seat afterwards.  As busy as Grad Girl has been getting ready for her big qualifying exam, I'm just glad she's found time to take any type of photo.  

My Guy pulled the challenge card for the upcoming week. 




Another tough to photograph subject, but that's what makes it fun.  I'm really going to have to think on this one.  Grad Girl is a kitty parent, so she has that option. She's also known as one of the "mothers" in her friend group. So she could surprise us next week.  

6 comments:

Sara said...

The kiss photos were clever but the parenthood ones should be interesting too. I got a big kick out of Queenie's expression as she's getting kissed. Her eyes say "what the h*** are you doing?"

Linda said...

All great photos! Would my idea of a chocolate kiss candy would qualify? :) Queenie is like my kitties - only one will tolerate a kiss on the head.

Donna said...

Hard topic. You all did a good job of coming up with a photo. Next week's is a hard one too.

Barbara said...

Great photos. And cats to the rescue! Yikes. Parenthood? No idea what I’d do with that.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Great photos, Kate. Do you and your hubby have an idea what each other is going to do when you take photos or is it a surprise to see what one comes up with? I thought like Linda-Hershey Kisses. LOL.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It looks like theyellow roses make the perfect frame for your wedding photo! And Legos can probably fulfill lots of photo challenges - they're always fun to play with. Love the Grad Girl's photo! It looks like she got Queenie to look right in the phone camera.