Saturday, September 7, 2024

Week 123 Photo Challenge: Sleeping

All three of us enjoy this photo challenge.  It's been such fun to see what we each come up with.  But some week's are more of a challenge to find a photo then others. This week was that way for me and My Guy.  



 

This isn't an object, it's an activity.  It would be easy to take photos of each of us sleeping, but to be honest those probably aren't the most interesting subjects.  I struggled all week with getting a photo. In fact you can tell from mine that inspiration didn't strike till this morning. 

 

Kate: I Should Be Sleeping


Actually, I tried this earlier in the week with my I-Phone and that didn't work.  It's amazingly hard to get a good photo in total darkness. I had to go to the kitchen to turn on the lights there to adjust my camera settings to avoid waking up My Guy.  Yes, I did go back to sleep for a bit after this photo.  I'm at the age where sleeping thru the night doesn't happen all that often anymore.

My Guy went with a similar theme, but ended up with a very different photo. 


My Guy: Shhh-the Neighbors are Sleeping

 

Can you see the stars in the sky over the sleepy neighborhood?  Thankfully the worst noise we get during the day and night is the high school kid with the souped up Jeep who guns it as he leaves the house.  Thankfully, we can't hear him in the bedroom.  

You could say that Grad Girl had it much easier this week. 




Unlike sleeping old people, sleeping kitties are cute. Though a black cat can be extremely difficult to photograph. Queenie likes to nap in Grad Girl's closet on the pile of blankets/quilts.  It's out of the way and dark, a great place for a kitty looking for an uninterrupted nap.  

All in all, I don't think we did so bad with last week's subject.  Next week's subject will probably be challenging for all of us. 

 



I have some thoughts. We'll have to see if any of them actually become photos.  

7 comments:

Sara said...

I think you all got very interesting and appropriate sleeping photos. I could do that 3:00 am picture most days too. LOL

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I had to laugh at your 3 am photo! We can all relate... Looking out at a sleeping neighborhood is not uncommon either, but it's wonderful when you can see the stars. Looks like Queenie's got the perfect spot for a nap!

Donna said...

Great pics all around! I think we can all learn from a cat's ability to relax anywhere, anytime.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Yep--can relate to the 3 am not sleeping thing here and there!!
love the neighbor shot--wouldn't have thought of that so happy dance to hubby--and I love photos of kitties sleeping so thank's grad girl!!!
have a great week--hugs, diane

Barbara said...

Oh fun photos! Can't wait to see what you do with the "kiss" prompt.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

LOL I had to chuckle at your photo , Kate. I can relate. I am always still up at 3 . Great photos by all. Oooh I have an idea for Kiss . I can not wait to see what y'all come up with. Hugs.

Linda said...

Those are all really nice photos. I relate to your 3:05am shot - lol! Queenie is adorable. :)