Sunday, September 22, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 38 of 2024

 


We had a family wedding to attend this weekend. It's been awhile since we've seen My Guy's family. It was nice to catch up with everyone.  It's always a challenge to get my stitching in when we have events like this.  


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Sept = 21/21 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 265/265 days
  • Success rate = 100%

Thankfully I was able to get the binding sewn to the front of Rhododendron so I could hand stitch on that while we visited.  Still at 100% on my stitching time for the year.  I'm really amazed I've kept it going that long.  I'm very motivated to see how much longer I can keep it going.   

There hasn't been much done with either the scrap processing or the fabric pressing. I did deal with a few of the scraps.




These are squares cut from one of the fabrics I'm using in the Marble Mystery. When I washed this light purple, one of the darker purples transferred some color to several places, so I had to be careful cutting my pieces for the mystery quilt.  There were quite a few rejects.  I ended up cutting triangles for Wild and Goosey as that seemed to be the best way to cut the fabrics to avoid the dark transfers.  That's it on the scrap processing front for the week.  

Definitely more done with the yardage reorganization.  



Almost 2/3 of the bin has been pressed.  I doubt the the last third is finished this month, more likely next month.  It's been nice to get all these fabrics pressed and folded so they can fit better in the fabric closet.  I almost feel like I have a whole new stash! 

So how was your stitchy week? 

1 comment:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Sunday , Kate. Binding a quilt is a great project to work on while visiting. Woo Hoo on maintaining 100% . I have sorta backtracked on organizing. LOL. I guess back in the quilt room I will go and start refolding. Have a beautiful day. Hugs