Sunday, September 15, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 37 of 2024



It's been a busy week. I've started going to late night sew at the local quilt shop and that takes some prep time to get ready (it's like a mini retreat each week).  Plus, I had some statistics work to work up for the technical committee I joined back in June. Still, it wasn't too hard to get my stitching time in this week.  

  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Sept = 14/14 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 258/258 days
  • Success rate = 100%

I'm still at 100% success rate with my 15 minutes of stitching time each day.  No one is more surprised then I am to be almost to the end of 3rd quarter of the year and to have maintained that metric.  It's going to be hard when I miss my stitching time for a day.  

Absolutely nothing got done on the scrap processing front, well other then filling up the left overs bin. 





This is the bin I use for scraps from the finished projects and scraps from in progress projects.  This was empty at the first of the month. Now it's almost full again. The plan is to empty it by the end of the month.  

Not as much progress on the fabric pressing either over the last week. 



There were only 2 - 4 yard pieces that got pressed this week. I'm so much more interested in stitching then pressing these days.  But I'll take any progress, it all counts. 

Did you make good progress with your stitching goals this week? 
 



 

4 comments:

Julie in GA said...

It's so exciting to see your continued 100% success rate!

Bonnie said...

I feel the same way -- who wants to press when you can piece! On the other hand I did get a few pieces pressed before I cut into them. Luckily they were only 1 yard pieces. Hope you continue the stitching time every day this week.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, more scraps in your scrap container means that you've been busy :-) Congrats on your 100%!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so nice to hear that you have the opportunity to quilt with other ladies. I am sure you find much inspiration from one another. Woo Hoo on 100%! Have a great week and happy quilting.