Saturday, January 13, 2024

Week 98 Photo Challenge: Monster

Not sure what happened that first week of January, but everyone struggled with the week 98 photo card. 



So we took another week to see what we could come up with.  I really wasn't sure what direction to go with my shot.  I was doing a bit of cleaning up and found a potential subject. As I didn't find anything better here's my effort. 


Kate: Mr. Mojo Jojo


Do you remember the Power Puff Girls from Cartoon Network?  That was one of Grad Girl's favorites when she was 5 (that was the only "girly" T-shirt she owned at that age, the rest being Spider Man, Superman or Bat Man).  Mojo Jojo is probably more of a villain then he is a monster, but many of his plans for world domination went monstrously wrong, so I think he still fits the challenge.

My Guy really struggled with this challenge.  He tried a couple of things that just didn't work out. So he went with his fallback photo this week. 


My Guy: Small Arms

 
T-Rex's definitely have the reputation for being monsters, but no one said they can't still be amusing. 

I think Grad Girl has the best photo this week. 



 
The monster behind the closet door was a thing when I was little. The product of one particularly vivid nightmare when I was 4 or 5 (Consequently, I've never been one for horror movies). I don't remember Grad Girl being concerned about monsters behind the door, but she definitely wanted the closet and bathroom doors closed in her room before she went to sleep when she was little. 

This week's card is going to be interesting.  



This may be another 2 week challenge. I'm going to need to think on this one a bit. 

8 comments:

Linda said...

Your husband's photo made me laugh out loud. There's something about the lighting on yours that makes it look creepy, so in my eyes you win. :D

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see each take on the challenge. The red door partially open looks pretty scary - hope someone checked behind it! Your Mojo Jojo and your guy's T Rex are pretty funny, too. Love the "small arms!"

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

All 3 are good--but that red door is a bit creepy!!!
hugs, di

Barbara said...

Wonderful. I too laughed out loud at your guy’s photo. They’re all fun. I can’t say I remember the cartoon you mention. That wasn’t one of the cartoons my little boys watched, and in any case, they’re older than Grad Girl. We may have missed that one. For sure, I remember the monster in the closet…and there was one under the bed too. When Matthew was little, we actually typed up the “Monster Words” from one of Stephen King’s novels and read them when we tucked Matthew into bed. He couldn’t sleep in his room alone until we cleared the room of monsters with the monster words. You can Google “Stephen King’s Monster Words for Tad,” in case you get a monster infestation in the future, you’ll be all set.

Donna said...

I think you all did a good job. Different takes, but all effective.

Julie in GA said...

I can see how that was a tough challenge, but you all were very successful. The lighting on the red door is especially effective.

dq said...

I would agree that grad girl had the monster photo down. I like the red glow spilling out of the door.
I haven't done mine yet this week and no one else has either.

Jennifer said...

Tough challenge and you all did a nice job, but Grad Girl's wins for me this week - it just evokes creepiness!