Tuesday, January 16, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 01/16/2024

I'm ready for winter to be over, or at least for this brutally cold stuff to move out.  We've got one more day before we'll see any temps above freezing.  My Guy is working from home today, his offices are closed.  

The cold has been really conductive to spending time in the sewing room where the iron helps heat up the space.  Consequently, there are a lot of check marks on last week's  to do list. 


To Do List for 1/9/2024

1. 2024 SAHRR: Make center block - progress

2. Betty: Continue cutting fabrics ✔

3. Indigo Way: Continue working on clues 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 

4. Malted Mystery: Finish clue 6, start clue 7 

5. Scrappy Butterflies: Prep backing for quilting 

6. Chilhowie: Continue as leaders and enders 

7. Wild and Goosey: Make a green block - progress


Five out of seven check marks, with progress on the last two items is a really good week. My list for this week looks pretty much the same. 

1. 2024 SAHRR (Quilting Gail): finish center block




 All the fabrics are cut and assembly is started, it just didn't get really far.  It shouldn't take too long to finish up if I'll concentrate on it. 

2. Betty (Meadow Mist Designs): Assemble 5 blocks

I have 4 weeks to make 20 blocks, so if I do 5 a week, I'll have all the blocks ready to assemble into a top by mid February.  

3. Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter): Continue working on clues 4, 5, 7 and 8. 




I'm going for 5 rows of block A with the associated block B. I've got a good start on those.  It would be nice if all the blocks were done by the end of the month. I think that would be a first!  

4. Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Continue working the January Clue.




I've almost finished the first set of stars. Just two more and I can start on set 2.  I have all month to finish this clue, so I'm on track for once.  

5.  Scrappy Butterflies (self designed): Prep quilt top for quilting. 

6. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Work on green blocks

7. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leaders and enders project. 

It's a long list, but if I can finish a few and make progress on others, it will still be a good week. Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday

8 comments:

Linda said...

Looking forward to seeing your center block.
As much as I love winter weather, I was ready for the sun yesterday, but it only got to 24. Tomorrow it is finally supposed to get above freezing.

Julie in GA said...

You've been doing so well at making progress on multiple projects every week. I can't wait to see the block you are making for the SAHRR!

Carolyn said...

You did really well with your to-do list. That’s great progress!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, you had a big list last week and made great progress. I hope you have fun working on the list this week, and may the temperatures start to warm up a bit for you!

PaintedThread said...

Your Indigo Way is pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that black and gold star print for your SAHRR! That's going to very fun! Looks like Indigo Way is coming along really nicely, too. Have a productive week, Kate!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great progress on the week's list, Kate!! You've got some really wonderful projects on the go.

Vivian said...

Five out of seven is outstanding progress! Ooh, I've been eyeing the SAHRR posts and so want to jump in --- still debating. YOur "Indigo Way" blocks look so good. I really hope I get to do that one sooner rather than later since I love a good RWB quilt and don't have any in a Bonnie design. Cold weather is ONLY good for keeping us in the quilty spirit!