Tuesday, January 2, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 01/02/2024

It's going to take me a while to get the 2024 part of my dates right.  That's always the trickiest thing about the new year. I need to pay bills today, so I should get lots of practice on that.  

At any rate, I'm starting my first to do list of the new year with a completed last to do list from 2023. 

To Do List for 12/26/2023

1. Indigo Way: Continue clues 2, 3, 4, start 5 and 6 ✔

2. Malted Mystery: Finish clue 5, start clue 6 ✔

3. Melodic Mystery: Finish hand stitching binding ✔

4. Betty: Select fabrics ✔

5. Chilhowie: Continue as leaders and enders ✔

So definitely not a bad week on the stitching front, though being sick did cut into my sewing time early in the week. I didn't get as far along on Indigo as I'd hoped.

It would be so easy to jump back into lots of projects, but I'm going to try to keep up with the newer mysteries and stitch alongs for the next couple of months.  That means keeping the list reasonably short.  We'll see how that works.

To Do List for 01/02/2024

1.  Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter mystery): Continue working on clues 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and start clue 8. 




Clues 1 and 2 are finished.  I got started piecing the clue 5 units, but am still cutting out parts for clue 6. I didn't get into the sewing room till late yesterday so other than printing out clue 7, there's been no progress on getting the first blocks made.  I hope to remedy that today. 

2. Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish clue 6, start clue 7




November's clue is finally finished and I made a good start on the December clue.  Hopefully I can finish this clue off a lot faster than I did the last one.  The January clue will come out on Thursday.  I'm not too far behind so fingers crossed I can get caught up on this mystery.  

3. Betty (Meadow Mist Designs): Start cutting fabrics




The quilt along for Cheryl's most recent book, Just Two Charm Pack Quilts, starts today.  I really shouldn't be starting another quilt, but my bin containing my cool colored 2.5" strips is stuffed full from all the scrap cutting and organizing I've been doing.  So I'm creating my own charm packs from scraps, I'm just bypassing the step that cuts the charms into 2.5" squares.  Seems reasonable to me.  

4. Scrappy Butterflies (self designed): Prep backing for quilting.

This should be fairly easy, the backing just needs a good pressing and a pass with a lint roller.  

5. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter):  Continue as leaders and enders project. 

That's the list for this week. Indigo will be the hardest project to keep up with. Hopefully I can make some good progress on it before what's likely to be the final clue comes out on Friday.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday.  Hopefully we'll all get off to a good start with our first to do lists of the new year.

8 comments:

Sara said...

you have a great plan. The cool colors will show up nice and wintery in that new project.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm still saving Bonnie's clues but have not decided still if I will make it

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm pretty sure Cheryl made the December instructions a bit shorter to acknowledge the holidays, so hopefully you'll find you get those instructions finished pretty quickly this week. :)

Carolyn said...

Thank you for mentioning the QAL for the Just Two Charm Pack Quilts I have the book (and like it!), but I missed Cheryl's post about a QAL.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you made lots of progress last week, in spit of being sick. I'll enjoy seeing how your Betty quilt develops. It's always fun to start a new project in the new year!

Anna said...

I’m not sure you know this but Bonnie released her new clue yesterday instead of waiting till Friday. Finally using more blues.
At least now it will be over a week before she posts the next clue. Keep up the good work on your list.

Barbara said...

An ambitious list, as usual. I like your pretty blue pinwheels.

Carol Andrews said...

Kate you did end your year with so many check marks on your list! It’s always fun to watch your progress. Thank you for link8ng with TDT. Sorry I’m late posting my comments. 🤗