Sunday, January 21, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 3 of 2024



We are back to open cabinet doors and dribbling water in the sinks on the outside walls this weekend.  We are supposed to get above freezing today. But then it cools down and we'll get freezing rain overnight, morphing to rain tomorrow (assuming they've got the highs right).  I'm not looking forward to that mess.  So I'll just spend today in my sewing room and worry about what the plan is for Monday when we wake up tomorrow.  

The cold has been really conductive to spending time in my sewing room. With the iron on, it's the warmest room in the house in the evening. 

  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Jan = 20/20 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 20/20 days
  • Success rate = 100%
I've definitely gotten off to a good start for 2024. How are doing at getting in some stitching time at the beginning of the year?

 

1. Gretchen
2. maggie f
3. Frédérique
4. Julie in GA
5. Karen
6. Quilting Gail
7. Deb in Canada
8. katie z.
9. Janice - Jannimary
10. Bonnie in Va
11. Amanda
12. Dq at Dreamworthyquilts
13. Celine

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

That's great your sewing room is the warmest room in the house, that really makes sewing more fun. Happy stitching!

Pam said...

I have followed your blog for a couple years now. Always enjoy both the quilting and the photography! I have wanted to implement the 15 minutes a day, but I don't keep track. 😁 I haven't done well this year, but I deep cleaned my sewing/office space after family left. Since then I've done 15 min. Thanks for the encouragement!

Linda said...

I have been trying to figure out what I want to do for days now, but finally made a decision on some blocks and have a couple done.
You will probably get more ice than we do, but we have a probability of freezing rain tonight and early in the morning. Then it will get in the 40s, so it shouldn't affect any travel. Not that we are traveling - lol!

Julie in GA said...

We have been dripping our faucets lately too, but it should warm up enough later today to take a break from that. Like you, my sewing room is one of the warmest places in our house, so I enjoy as much time as possible in there.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we too have the faucets dripping all night long and finally going back into a warm up and tonight only 28 degrees but of course we get the ice to rain also news says from about midnight to 2 in the afternoon on Monday - then warms up to just rain - will be loose our power that is the big question - I think Mike has the generator ready and the extension cords.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think this cold, icky weather has given lots of us more sewing time! I don't mind that, but am not a fan of below freezing (or below zero!) temps for days on end, that's for sure. Hope that freezing rain passes you by and the week warms up for you!

Bonnie said...

We're having a heat wave this week. It suppose to go up to 70 on Friday --- After a high in the 20's this past week. Weird weather. I suspect we'll have some more snow this winter and a kit mire cild weather.

seabreezequilts said...

Well its going to be 41C tomorrow i'll try and send some of the heat your day. We haven't had a lot of hot weather so far this summer so as soon as it goes up a bit we all feel like we are dying and it has been humid which is yuck. Stay warm

dq said...

You are off to a great start for January with 100%.
Yes, the cold helps us want to stay in.
Have a nice week, Kate.

Celine said...

Well done, 100% is great. Hope you get a much sewing time this week.