Tuesday, January 9, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 01/09/2024

With Grad Girl here this last week, it's felt like vacation.  We've had our shopping day and our girls lunch. So it was a nice week on the family fun front. But the consequence is that there wasn't as much time in the sewing room and that shows in the progress on last week's list. 


To Do List for 01/02/2024

1. Indigo Way: Continue clues 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and start 8 ✔

2. Malted Mystery: Finish clue 6, start clue 7 - progress

3. Betty: Start cutting fabrics ✔

4. Scrappy Butterflies: prep backing - no progress

5. Chilhowie: Leaders and enders ✔


Three check marks with progress on one more item really isn't a bad week. I don't regret taking the time with Grad Girl, we've been lucky she could come home for a bit. The older the kids get, the harder it is for them to get home for very long.  So I'll enjoy it while we can.  

I'll have to get used to a mostly empty house again. So hopefully I can get back to my normal rhythm in the sewing room. We have winter weather forecast for the weekend, so that probably means we won't be out and about much.  That's good as I'm back to long to do lists. 

To Do List for 01/09/2024

1. 2024 SAHRR(Quilting Gail): Make center block



Back in 2013, I made a quilt using the pattern Fat Cats by Lucy Fazely and Michael Burns from the July 2006 issue of The Quilter Magazine.  The cats in that quilt were all calicos. I'm going to rework the block a bit for the center of my SAHRR.  

2. Betty(Meadow Mist Designs): Continue cutting fabrics




I've not made a lot of progress on getting my fabrics cut. Hopefully I'll do better on that this week.  

3. Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter): Continue working on clues 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8




I've been putting together blocks as I have the component parts available.  I'm almost finished with the clue 3 components.  Looking at where I was with Chilhowie at this time last year, it appears I've done better at keeping up this year.  

4. Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish clue 6, start clue 7




I'm more than halfway finished with clue 6.  All the pinwheels have been started, but the ones needed for the last 3 aren't quite finished. I should be able to move on the January clue before next week. 

5. Scrappy Butterflies (self designed): Prep backing for quilting

There was no progress on that last week. Fingers crossed I can squeeze it in this weekend.  

6. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leaders and enders

7.  Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make a green block

I'm not sure this one will happen, but I wanted to put it back on the list as it's one of the projects on my project list this year.  I doubt it gets finished, but any progress will be good. 

That's my list for this week. It is definitely a tad ambitious. Good luck with your to do list this week.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday

15 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Thanks for mentioning the SAHRR. I never finished the last one I started so I'm going to us that one as my starting point this year. OR I may just start a new one as I have a block in mind that would work ... Hmmm....

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to get busy with my RSC quilt this week so I can get back to NYB

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope you stay warm and cozy with the winter weather in the forecast. Looks like you have plenty to keep you engaged in your sewing room!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

After "company" leaves and the holidays are over, it always feels like there's going to be so much free time! I do hope you get lots of sewing time this week. That cat block is a fun one - Grad Girl might claim that quilt!

Auntie Em said...

Im sure you agree that time spent with your daughter is time well spent. I think your cat block is purrrfect.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I soooo love that cat block and colors you did it in--do you know if that pattern is still available someplace???
and it is so great that the daughter wants to still come home and spend time with you--
hugs, di

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate! Oh, I just LOVE your choice for the center SAHRR block. What gorgeous fabrics - I love blue and white together. I can hardly wait to see where the prompts lead you. Are you going to stick with these shades or add in additional colors? I look forward to seeing! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh...that cat block is so cute. If I wasn't already doing a cat quilt, I'd have to start that one.

Vivian said...

Thanks for the link to the SAHRR intro post. I had been thinking about it at the end of the year but never got around to looking for it. I really hope to try to do this but if not as always it'll be fun to watch what everyone does! I see you are a big Quiltville fan like me. Great progress on "Indigo Way" and "Chilhowie" as L/E is a good way to get "two for one" done. I did the same with "En Provence" and "On Ringo Lake" and now hope to quilt them for the 2024 mystery season. "Way" is on my "must make list" but don't know when I'll get to it.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Looks like everything is progressing well. All the winter weather makes it perfect for quilting! Love the bowtie on the kitty!

Kathryn T said...

It's great to come across someone who is doing the Indigo Way quilt and you are doing it the indigo colours as well. I didn't have any much in those colour ways so did my own, not sure how it will turn out. Bonnie and her travellers will be on their way here to New Zealand soon. Hope the weather stays warm for them.

dq said...

You are quite the mystery stitcher and have seemed to do it quite a bit over the years.
You make good progress on all your clues. I love the red, white, and blue one.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your cat center block, very cute with the bow tie ;) Enjoy your stitching week!

piecefulwendy said...

I'm so glad you had time to spend with Grad Girl. The sewing can wait, but time with our kids is priceless. I love your center block for the SAHRR! It will be a fun SAL this year!

Carol Andrews said...

Kate your chosen block for the SAHRR will be perfect. Thank you for linking with TDT. Hope this week went as well and you met all of your goals.